Skip to content

How do you go to Spellhold early?

2»

Comments

• biffyclangerbiffyclanger Member Posts: 216

Has anyone left for spellhold as soon as they had 15,000 gold? RP wise this would make the most sense.

Didn't we already go over this. You storming into a high-security magic prison to go after a superpowerful crazed mage is not a smart move. That's how adventurers get killed.

Has anyone left for spellhold as soon as they had 15,000 gold? RP wise this would make the most sense.

Didn't we already go over this. You storming into a high-security magic prison to go after a superpowerful crazed mage is not a smart move. That's how adventurers get killed.
    I realize its clearly not a smart move but since the game dynamically lowers difficulty for lower level parties... Als if I RP a half-orc barbarian with dump int as dump stat then it would be pretty hilarious even if i fail. I'd be lucky to get to the first Drow war party :).
  • Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    edited January 2016
    I'm sure you can make it work beautifully within RP. A party leader with <8 WIS, say, would totally go rushing for his beloved baby sister and damn the consequences. But anyone with more than half their brain active would think real hard about going after a guy who just had you locked up and dancing, and blasted squads of trained battlemages to pieces with a shrug of his shoulders.

I wouldn't exactly consider "SH asap" as an RP imperative by any means.
  • legotaksinlegotaksin Member Posts: 65
    I go to spellhold early when my party is good party. I don't do any quest. I made my party and go to temple district and go to building(fury building) and kill enemy party and sell items.
    If you do like this, save all quest for imoen and u can have good gear.

If like this, when u join imoen, imoen'exp is more than others.

• gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    @legotaksin, in an unmodded game this is possible for an experienced player that use at his best metagame knowledge. In a hard modded one the player must be REALLY skilled to succeed.
    And RP speaking imo has no sense.
    Imo there is also little sense PWG speaking, as a player with those skills has no challenge in an unmodded environment so can have fun in a unmodded game only if he RP it.

But I told imo, if you have fun doing so everybody is happy, and myself have fun playing in ways that for others would be very boring.