Skip to content

Cheat Codes refuse to work in El Capitan OS

A few days ago I upgraded my Mac OS to El Capitan. It's messed up my BG:EE and BGII:EE games. I can't despite multiple attempts, get the cheat codes to activate.

Every time I try to enter the Debug Mode and Cheats line on the baldur.ini file in the Data folder, it simply doesn't work. I enter the lines, save it and close, and restart the game, but the Command Console won't come up.

It appears that the new OS is somehow overwirting the Baldur.ini file each time when the game restarts. However, I have been unable to determine what location it is pulling the renewed file from.

I am very frustrated here. El Capitan has been messing with all kinds of files on my Mac and I don't know where or how it's moving them around.

Does anyone know how to find the root baldur.ini file and change it?

Thank you,

Tim S

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    I don't know how mac's work but here is my BGEE and BG2EE ini files that already have the cheats in place, so hopefully you can unzip these and just do a copy paste to where ever your directory is and hopefully it works
    Goldlion
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,428
    I don't have a Mac either, but it might be related to the issue described in this thread as the baldur.ini is usually in the same path as the saved games.
    Goldlion
  • GoldlionGoldlion Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, both of you. What I found out is that Mac El Capitan OS "hides" game files inside a Library folder on the Mac. Normally this Library is not visible and prevents tampering with application files.

To make it visible, I went to Terminal and entered:

chflags nohidden~/Library

That revealed the orignal app files and allowed me to enter the cheat codes. It worked after I did that.
    sarevok57