Skip to content

Custom Portraits for IOS

How do you do custom portraits for IOS? I know for BG1 and BG2 you could create a zip file of portraits and rename the file extension to either .bg1portrait or .bg2portrait. You could then email the file to your iPad and it would open in BG, thus importing the portraits.

I assume something similar is possible in IWDEE. Does anyone know the file extension to use?

Comments

• GrabtharsHammerGrabtharsHammer Member Posts: 27
    Photo conversion tool courtesy of NoTra who says "Don't forget to select the IWD button".

http://www.notra.fr/portrait.php

The tool gives you a zipped file you can extract to portraits.

Hit crop button, select area and then click button again. Keep jpegs separate, easy to find place. Try until you like. Restart game and select custom portrait:).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I use Ifunbox program with pc and transport custom portraits directly into portraits folder in the iwd app. They can be chosen from custom portraits in the game, then.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    Dan_M said:

How do you do custom portraits for IOS? I know for BG1 and BG2 you could create a zip file of portraits and rename the file extension to either .bg1portrait or .bg2portrait. You could then email the file to your iPad and it would open in BG, thus importing the portraits.

Please, I need some help... After renaming the file extension to either .bg1portrait or bg2.portrait and emailing the file to my iPad, I tap on it, then on the Baldur's Gate icon. The problem is that when you are asked to choose a portrait, there isn't the "custom" button.... Any idea?

P.s.: I noticed that if you rename the file extension to .bg2portrait, you can open both in BG2 and IWD....