Skip to content

Icewind Dale Voice Sets

Please create the new file structures required and implement the missing original voice set sounds into Enhanced Edition. Thanks! : )

Comments

• BigfishBigfish Member Posts: 367
    You can do that yourself if you have the .wav files for whatever voice set you're trying to get.

Create a Sounds Folder in C:\Users\[Username]\Documents\[IE game of choice] - Enhanced Edition and copy the .wavs in to that folder.

If you're trying to import Icewind Dale in to Baldur's Gate EE, you'll have to remove XXXXXX N-R.wav (sound calls are different between games) and rename X and Y to S and T (Rare clicks).
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    edited February 2016
    @Bigfish

Thanks for the input. I'm a little confused. The sounds I'm wanting added into Icewind Dale Enhanced Edition are sounds that were in the original that had to be removed in the making of Enhanced Edition (the voice sets had to be downsized from the original in order to function while running on the Baldur's Gate 2 engine as IWDEE does). If I'm not mistaken your above method would not actually expand and restore these missing voice set sounds, correct? Please clarify.
  • PumpernickelPumpernickel Member Posts: 55
    Precisely, thanks.