Skip to content

"Never got" run

Hey!

So I'm starting a run using only NPCs that I've never got. So far here is my dream team:

Charname [Half-Orc, TN, Fighter/Thief (set traps and stealth)]

Quayle [Gnome, CN, Cleric/Illusionist]

Tiax [Gnome, CE, Cleric/Thief (open locks and disarm traps)]

Xan [Elf, CN, Enchanter]

Kagain [Dwarf, LE, Fighter]

Dorn [Half-Orc, CE, Blackguard]

I'm using SCS and BG 1 NPC Project.

Can you guys give me some feedback about this party? What sort of problems should I expect?

Thanks!
JuliusBorisov

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Since Tiax and Quayle are only available from Chapter 5 on you might find yourself short on healing spells and someone able to handle traps and locks on your way there.

In this particular case I would take Viconia and either Imoen or Shar-Teel dualed to Thief in the meantime.
    RaduzielGreenWarlock
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Kilivitz said:

Since Tiax and Quayle are only available from Chapter 5 on you might find yourself short on healing spells and someone able to handle traps and locks on your way there.

In this particular case I would take Viconia and either Imoen or Shar-Teel dualed to Thief in the meantime.

Thanks for your feedback. :smile:

I'm using SCS, so both Tiax and Quayle were moved to Beregost and Nashkel respectively. So far as I can tell, I'll be able to have this party ready to go as soon as I finish the Nashkel Mines.
    Kilivitz
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    If I want to use NPCs that aren't available early enough I summon them into an enclosed space and hire them then. Alora usually gets recruited like that; she's so cute and bubbly and happy and she annoys the heck out of Viconia.
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    [off-topic] It is a real shame Alora occurs so late in the game, unless you make a bee-line on the main quest. I don't think I have ever had her in the same party as Viconia, so now I have another thing to try :)

Putting together the shorties party was the last time I think I picked her up - Kagain, Yeslick, Quayle, Tixax and Alora. PC was a halfling fighter darts-master; that run was a lot of fun.
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    I just summon Alora early so I can A) Get her into the party and B) Control where she puts her skill points going forward. It's a little broken because she's higher level but if you already played the game a few times you're not gaining much; just going through the early parts a little faster.