Skip to content

SCS Demon Wraith

KorbuKorbu Member Posts: 61
Well, i just made it to the Demon Wraith in the Maze in Lvl 3 of Watcher's Keep, and holy crap the SCS devs must've been on crack when they buffed it. Before i can even begin disarming the traps, the damn thing Time Stops, then teleports to my Mage and is actually able to attack him during Time Stop, with a Black Blade of Disaster...And here i thought you weren't able to physically attack a target during a Time Stop. Needless to say, my Mage get's chunked effortlessly, every...single...time. And without my Mage, i can't even begin to bring down the myriad of spell defenses and buffs the Demon Wraith throws up. I've spent about an hour and a half trying to kill this damn thing, and it's just not working at all.

Comments

• Lord_TansheronLord_Tansheron Member Posts: 4,211
    Certainly one of the more beefy fights. Try something that can interrupt his TS cast, it's not instant and iirc it's also not scripted as uninterruptible. That seems to be the crux of the fight, from what you describe.
  • MusignyMusigny Member Posts: 1,027
    Not only you can attack during a time stop but you also automatically hit (unless the target is protected).
    In your case, Time Stop is the result of randomized selection of spells. Not a specific design intent AFAIK.
    The SCS Demon Wraith has all the vanilla config + mage level increase + regular spells for the new level + a fighter/mage script.
  • gorgonzolagorgonzola Member Posts: 3,864
    I don't play SCS, but a contingency with PFMW should solve the problem.
    During the TS he can not dispel you, he can cast a breach but it will be active only at the end of the TS.
    Things like this should not be a problem for a mage (with a little metaknowledge...).
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCCN6OoJoaI

It is doable. Scs gives random spells to all spellcasters in each installation, though. Yours may be a tad harder.