Skip to content

Softcode thief abilities, and button assignment

GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
edited February 2016 in Feature Requests
I'm really happy with what beamdog has done with the thief in terms of softcoding thief abilities (e.g. points per level, and weighting point assignment, so that some skills cannot be learned), but I want more!

What I really want to do is be able to assign any thief ability--or any modal or class exclusive ability--to a custom kit, or class. I actually am not sure what would be needed to do this--I'm sure that I'm asking too much--but let me give some examples. I would like to:

- Create cleric kits that can assign thief percentage points to some thief skills, and be able to use those skills. For example, a cleric of Mask that could put points into pick locks, hide and sneak, and then actually hide or pick locks in game, and, say, replace the turn undead button with one of these buttons

- make it so that bards that can put points into both pick pockets and pick locks, and use the same button to do either as the thief.

- create a thief kit that replaces one of the thieving buttons for something else, for example the bardic music or turn undead button, and allow that character to use bardic music or turn undead (or whatever).

- as a side note, I'd love a 'change turn undead' opcodes (and, a change dance opcode, for the new shaman ability) similar to the 'change song' opcode

Comments