Skip to content

[Kickstarter] Lancelot's Hangover: The Quest for the Holy Booze ~FUNDED~

KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
edited March 2016 in Off-Topic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHcGaA_RDCM

Lancelot's Hangover: The Quest for the Holy Booze, also known as Monkey Island meets Monty Python's Holy Grail (in a point-and-click adventure game with an attitude!) has at last started its drunken campaign.

You can also download a free beta demo of the game. It takes only 156 floppy disks of space!

I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that on kickstarter! :D
Post edited by Kamigoroshi on

Comments

• FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Sounds like a must buy :D
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    100 backers pledged €2.913 already: that's 29% funded on day one! Not bad at all for a one man crew indie game. By the looks of it Lancelot will collect the remaining €7.087 in no time at all, given there are still whopping 27 remaining days to this kickstarter campaign.

On another note, I finally got the time to try its demo: other than a slightly buggy mouse cursor, the game is splendidly sarcastic! Just how I like it. Seems like my pledge of six euros for the full game is well invested indeed. :smirk:
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Gotta love the final line in the video "Based on a true story".

German full-voiced trailer! Drink a beer with Jean-Baptiste on Adventure-Treff forum!

Hey you lovely & sexy backers!

How amazing! During its launch, Lancelot reached top 10 hottest on Kicktraq's list. Hundreds of websites talked about the game - even in Japan!

I know I'm cheesy and completely overwhelmed by emotions (and it's not getting better ;), but after spending countless nights during mouths to make this game and build this campaign, put all my energy and all the money I could find to make it happen, I have no words to express how all your support means so much to me - and I really wish I'll be able to find the other 58% to be funded – by the way, the old lady to whom I rent my apartment will be also grateful to get some money ;)

You've been hundreds of people spreading the message, talking about the game on social media, and writing articles all around the World.

Wanna just one example to show how crazy you are? A lovely Austrian backer even bought my book published in 2011 called "Le Guide pratique des situations pas pratiques" (its means "The helpless self-help book" in French).

Her reason: she wanted to support Lancelot and improve her French. Loma, you can't imagine how happy I was reading this on Twitter.

(and yes, I know, it's the wrong flag :)

You know how I'm amazed by all the passion and enthusiasm the Germans and the Austrians share for point-and-click adventure games. So here's a lil' gift for you guys!

Yes! Lancelot's Kickstater pitch video is now full-voiced in German!

The voice actor is Patrick Steiner, who worked for the "Die Harald Schmidt Show" late-night show.

Huge thanks to Michael Stein for his translation (it's even funnier than the original) and his wonderful help, as well as all the Adventure-Treff team and Marco Rosenberg who also provided me such important help for this KS campaign. And of course to Patrick Steiner for his amazing acting. Guys, you made an amazing job!

Hey Jean-Baptiste! You talked about drinking beers in this update's title! Where's the beers? I want my money back!

Hold on guys! Adventure-Treff invited me to make an interview evening on their forum.

I'll be there, chatting with you guys while I'll drink some beers (hope you'll do the same at home). You're all invited to join the party! I'll be delighted to hang out with you guys and answer your questions.

It's coming next monday (February 29) at 8pm Western Europe Time (Berlin, Brussels, Madrid). It means 7pm in UK, 2pm EST, 11am PDT.

Here's the link for Monday: https://www.adventure-treff.de/forum/viewforum.php?f=23

You don't speak German? No problem! Me either! We'll be chatting in English, so don't be shy and join us!

Hope to see you all next Monday! Bring some beers!

Hugs,

-Jean-Baptiste
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    edited February 2016
    Awesome! I put in a request for Lancelot's Hangover on GOG's Community Wishlist. Go give it a thumbs guys! :smile: I'd prefer GOG over Steam anyday.

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/lancelots_hangover

I'm really looking forward to this, reminds me of Swords and Sandals or Carmensandiago. Or Horrible Histories :smiley:

I'd really like a DVD copy and a code wheel but I'll probably donate 14 euros.
    edited March 2016
    *314 backers, €9.068 pledged and 43 hours to go*
    Hangovers! Hangovers for everyone! Get Lancelot's Hangover and your own to boot for mere €6!

Together, we'll get those remaining €917! :sweat_smile:

Edit: A day late to edit this, but the game got successfully funded! YAY~!
    Post edited by Kamigoroshi on
    In the newest kickstarter update, Jean-Baptiste de Clerfayt posted that the €10.717 fundings finally arrived on his bank account. Meaning he's now working full-time on Lancelot's Hangover.

He also estimated to release the game on 11th October 2016, meaning we all get to suffer godly hangovers in 26 weeks! :joy:

It's good to know that the game assets are almost done, all in all apparently 29.5GB. Didn't think that this game's document was already finished as well though. And, wow, 371 pages of scenario, character profiles, puzzles, lame jokes, dialogues trees and notes about puzzle design? That's a LOT! :sweat_smile:

Last but not least, he linked us to Gibbous - A Cthulhu Adventure, another Point & Click adventure game which currently is having its campaign on kickstarter. Looks great~ <3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSrxpdFSIRM
    Dang, that was a long wait. It took the sole developer 4 years to make his first indie game.
    But we finally got Lancelot's Hangover released on steam. :)

It's a small, heck even tiny game. But if you're a fan of things like Monty Python and classic Point & Click Adventures such as Monkey Island. Then this little gem might just be right up you alley. Also currently comes with a 10% off to celebrate its release.