Skip to content

Installing BG2EE .exe mods on Ipad

catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
Hey guys

Sorry if this has already been posted - the search toolbox isn't super friendly here. I've decided to take the plunge and finally jailbreak my Ipad. BG2EE is pretty much the only reason I'm doing it (thanks Apple for killing IFunBox - really *awesome* of you doing that).

Anyway. I've noticed most of the mods aren't simple extract files to Override folder. Most are executable files. There's a few threads on individual mods - but i don't see a comprehensive thread on how to (if you can at all) install .exe mod files on an Ipad. Has someone put this together in some place that's easy for a layman like me to read?

Also, follow-up question. If I installed Baldur's Gate 2 all modded up, and then "un-jailbroke" my Ipad, would i still have a functional BG2 with all my mods intact or would i lose all of them too? Has anyone tried this?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    unfortunately i don't. Just the Ipad version. I've copied over the Baldur.app file from the Ipad to my PC before (its an older version, I did so to be able to use EE Keeper). But the copy doesn't have a .exe file. Is there a workaround option.

And the reason for the un-jailbreak is I just don't want to leave the ipad jailbroken via the Pangu software (and I haven't found a great way to do so without it).
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    Hmm, I don't got an iPad, but I bought the games some time ago (when I got an iPad for some weeks, to try out playing BG on it), so maybe I could help you:

1. extract the "C:\Users\\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Mobile Applications\Baldur's Gate II 1.2.ipa" to your computer
    2. Navigate to Payload\Baldur's Gate II.app
    3. Copy or extract the mods you want to this directory
    4. install the mods (I think there are many tutorials how to install weidu mods... ;))
    5. copy the override folder to the path where your baldur.ini is on your iPad
    6. for the dialog(f).tlk, read this post: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/633000/#Comment_633000 (I know, this is for IWDEE, but it should work on BG1/2:EE too, like on android)
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    Almost every .exe mod i can think of are just targeted weidu installs. They basically just extract their mod files and the auto-run weidu. So basically what WhiteAngus said and create an extracted installation on your computer and then just run them pointed at that extracted folder.
  • catch6229catch6229 Member Posts: 29
    edited February 2016
    Hey guys, quick question. I followed the exact process detailed here for a BG2 install. All of the actual gameplay features installed correctly - I installed multiple strongholds, WeiDu item mods, few new NPC, etc. And I see all the new characters. However, something screwed up with the language file. For some reason none of the dialog shows up. Whenever I click to chat with a character I always get a string of "invalid XXXXXXXX" dialog boxes.

First I tried to replace the Dialog.tlk file simply - just by copying over the "modded" dialog.tlk file from my modded directory to my Ipad one. Didn't work. Then i followed the instruction above, zipped the dialog.tlk file in my en_US folder (Store Compression). and I put that file in the main directory where the Baldur.ini file should be on the Ipad (for safe measure i also put the zip inside the Lang folder and in the en_US folder) - still didn't work.

Kinda lost as to what to do going forward, any advice?
    Post edited by catch6229 on
  • rkocourrkocour Member Posts: 34
    Did you apply the centralfix command to the zipped dialog file? If you don't follow the steps in the link that white agnus posted, then the app won't recognize the zipped file as content to load.