Skip to content

No resolution for Voice of Durdel Anatha if Idol destroyed before talking to Brother Harken

bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
edited November 2015 in IWD:EE Bugs (v1.4.0)
Problem #1: quest broken after a specific sequence of actions
- observed: after destroying the Idol without having talked to Harken, The Voice of Durdel Anatha quest can't be completed because Harken doesn't call out to you, and the conversation with The Voice of Durdel Anatha never happens
- expected: after destroying the Idol without having talked to Harken, The Voice of Durdel Anatha quest can be completed (Harken isn't that important for the quest's development)

However...I accept that this not talking to Harken before destroying the Idol may legitimately break the quest, but there are two other manifestations of bugginess here:

Problem #2: Harken is bugged
- observed: after destroying the Idol without having talked to Harken, Harken only ever says "Blasphemers! suffer again under the blade of the Voice! Suffer!"
- expected: after destroying the Idol without having talked to Harken, Harken should stop being belligerent and he should say something appropriate

problem #3: graphic glitches
- observed: graphic glitches (after destroying the idol before having talked to Harken) with The Voice of Durdel Anatha sprite - the sprite (in the "dead" position) is located at three places and it flickers and jitters a bit; there is no marker feedback
- expected: no graphic glitches; broken Voice of Durdel Anatha sprite should not be at various places in lower Dorn's Deep

EDIT: after consoling in VOICE (after having talked to nym) the quest resumes normally

so the problem is harken being broken and the Voice of DA not spawning

Comments

• gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    So I realize that this thread has been dormant for a couple of months, but I'm having the same issue as the OP. I tried to console in the voice and I can't get Harken to say anything other than "Cou... Cout-t-ter... v-vam... b-brace..." I've tried various different ways of spawning the voice, talking to Nym (and/or killing him for what he did), and talking to Harken, and can't get this quest to work. Any more ideas to get it to work would be great, but I think this quest needs to be looked over and fixed.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    it's so easy to miss the harken triggered dialogue, because you just need to enter through the other door and go straight to the idol (even as a first-time player with no foreknowledge, the arrangement of the battle basically requires you to go forward) and the conversation won't start because you won't discover harken
  • gugulug5000gugulug5000 Member Posts: 248
    Yeah I came through the side that Harken is on so he did talk to me, but i hadn't gone to the Svirfneblin village yet to to talk to Nym before doing so. It seems like it's extremely easy to mess up this quest.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    I never seem to get this quest right, so I end up generating the quest item and modifying the variables with the console.