Skip to content

XP rate reduction for modded BGEE a good idea in this case?

Hi, I'd like to ask for an opinion about the xp rate in BGEE. First time playing with the AI and challenges mods, plus Drizzt Saga, Dark Side of the Sword Coast, Dark Horizons, mini quests, etc. but no OP item mods.
Also, first time playing FMT, so I'm expecting slow leveling. In the Big World Setup reducing the XP to 75% was recommended, so I thought I'd go for it.
Would progression for FMT multiclass on only 75% XP be kind of annoyingly slow if I'm usually happy with the standard single class 100% progression? Do the challenges/mod content add considerable XP amount or would I be stuck into lower levels for most of the game?
I like the increased challenge and working hard for a level but wondering if progression would become so slow it's not fun anymore. So maybe bring back XP to 100%?

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    in bgee if you do absolutely every quest in the game and uncover every piece of fog of war you can, in essence you should have around 220 000 xp per character or so, infact half the time when I play, I only go to the outside areas where the cool items/encounters are, do all the quests in bg the city and do durlags tower ( most of the time I don't even go to werewolf island) and without grinding and the time I hit the undercity I hit the 161 000 xp mark, so in theory if you were to tone it down to 75%, you are pretty much going to have to do EVERYTHING to hit 161 000 xp, worse case scenario if you are really lagging behind in xp, if you go to the 3rd level basement of durlag's tower ( the level that has the sparring dummies) you can rest spawn in some greater dopplegangers that will yield 3000 xp ( 75% of 4000) to catch up a little bit if you need it,

but at the same time I have beaten the game with 3 characters at 64 000 xp, ( from doing speed type runs) so I don't think you will be to under leveled, the thing that is nice about BG is that in theory you can almost do any area at any level if you have the right equipment ( potions, wands, spells and the such)

I've even gone to the cloakwood mines with characters that were only level 3 and 4 and I was still able to complete that whole area, so I think making all XP at 75% wont change you too much
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Umm..IIRC Dark Horizons had all kind of OP stuff in it allready. Or did it change?
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    @sarevok57 Thanks for the detailed answer! Now that I know there is experience to get to 161k for a full party I'll try to do that.

@lunar I guess so. I'll check the entry points for the bigger mod queslines and make sure I don't do them until just before the ending of the game. Or maybe make sure the mod to continue playing after finishing the game content and then doing these. If I accidentally stumble on an OP item I can always donate it to a my usual museum chest in Friendly Arm :)
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    Oh well, there's going to be a new BWS reinstall. You were right @lunar. Barely got to Friendly Arm and got beard deep in merchants of the House of OPness.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Not only that but IIRC just below the Beregost road there are Tristan and Isolde, two bounty hunters, one has a stunning short sword+2 (no save) and other has a returning throwing dagger+3 with 3 base attack/round. Yup. These are the FIRST magical loot from the mod.

In my bgt modded game I have painstakely editted all of those extremely op items down to a peg. For example I editted that stunning shortsword to +1 enchantment and only %5 chance of stun for 3 sec. And returning throwing dagger to non magical and no attack bonus.

Then again EE also added a stupid stupifier mace to the game that is op in all levels. I omitted that from my ee game instantly as well.