Skip to content

Ifunbox won't work unless jailbroken - how to transfer saved games now?

Hi - is anyone aware of another way to access the saved games folder on my Ipad...?

Thanks

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    As far as I know the answer is no. IWD allows transfers through iTunes which is presumably where the other games will go with their next updates.
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    I would migrate to a platform that isn't so restrictive. But that's just me.
  • HechadaHechada Member Posts: 12
    How soon will that be do you think?
  • HechadaHechada Member Posts: 12

How do I do that and still use my ipad?
  • atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,154
    Hechada said:

How do I do that and still use my ipad?
    He's telling you to get rid of the iPad!

But seriously iTunes is actually designed to allow file transfers now, it's a just a matter of waiting for Beamdog to add the implementation. I don't know when that might be.
  • BomburBombur Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2016
    Last time I checked, the latest version of iExplorer allowed me access to the Documents folder, assuming that's where savegames are kept. I know it was restricted with iOS 8. Not sure if it was iOS 9 or iExplorer devs who got around it.

Edit: just checked it out and I see you only have access to app's which have iTunes file sharing enabled. I guess that makes sense. Shame there's no way to back up games which don't have it enabled :(
    Post edited by Bombur on
  • OwnsOwns Member Posts: 2
    If you need to transfer your saved game file there is a way to do it by long-tapping the quick save button in the game and sending it to another device. See my post on how to do this: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/47659/how-to-transfer-baldurs-gate-ee-save-files-between-ios-devices#latest

Not sure if that's what you need to do but hope it helps.
  • eldonauraneldonauran Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2016
    I've discovered a way to transfer save files between iPad/iPhone and the PC. You'll need to use dropbox. Long tap the quicksave icon to send a 'ExportSave.bg1save' file to your dropbox on iPhone/iPad. This file is just a renamed zip file, so use whatever unzipping tool you want (i found 7z works great) to extract the files (BALDUR.gam and BALDUR.sav) on your PC. Place those two files in an existing save game on your PC. Play however long you want, save a new save. Drag the .gam and .sav files into the ExportSave.bg1save (essentially rezipping them). Upload file to dropbox. Open the file on your dropbox app on iPad/iPhone, open file (copy to BG1 app).