Skip to content

Create a Whole Party?

Maybe this has been answered Already, But can we Create a Entire Party (6 characters) when starting a new game in SOD? instead of creating just 1 Character and picking up Companions. I thought I heard somewhere that this was also being implemented in both BGEE and SOD?

Comments

• DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Sweeet, I 've always wanted to do this legitimately, like in IWD.
  • thruddthrudd Member Posts: 96
    Maybe we can get a Dev. to Answer and tell us if this Feature will carry over to BG2EE? That would be super sweet!!!!
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Dharius said:

Well, you have always been able to do it by starting a mp game and then assigning control of all characters to yourself. But it looks like it's even easier now. So, cool
  • GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Awesome! Just found out about this expansion today, I can't wait to play it!!
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    i will not be useing this. i find it ruins the point of baldurs gate which is about character interaction with your party members.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    thrudd said:

Maybe we can get a Dev. to Answer and tell us if this Feature will carry over to BG2EE? That would be super sweet!!!!

This feature is also present in BG2EE.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I love that they added the feature, because I am an avid supporter of more options to the player.
    But like @megamike15 I feel like I want to have as many of the NPC's with me, so I likely wont be using the feature.

Dharius said:

Well, you have always been able to do it by starting a mp game and then assigning control of all characters to yourself. But it looks like it's even easier now. So, cool
    Ah, but when I tried it before, all six of the party members had Bhaalspawn characteristics in BG2, which didn't sit well with me. Maybe I did it wrong?
    Lifat said:

I love that they added the feature, because I am an avid supporter of more options to the player.
    But like @megamike15 I feel like I want to have as many of the NPC's with me, so I likely wont be using the feature.

I agree, but sometimes (as well as the NPC conversations are written, and they are) I want to play it in a simpler IWD-based style, so I have to think less. Now it seems I can, which makes me all cheery.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    Dharius said:

Lifat said:

I agree, but sometimes (as well as the NPC conversations are written, and they are) I want to play it in a simpler IWD-based style, so I have to think less. Now it seems I can, which makes me all cheery.
    Which really just proves that options is always the way to go. I can play it with the NPC's and enjoy the conversations, while you can create an entire party IWD-style as you put it. We both got what we wanted. :D