Skip to content

ETA iOS

Hello!

I haven't seen it anywhere so maybe there is no info yet. Doesn't hurt to ask :-)

When is the iOS version released? Any estimated date?

Thanks!

Comments

• SithdreadnaughtSithdreadnaught Member Posts: 22
    Yes, I too would like to know this. I dont have any real numbers to back up my assumption, but I would guess that there would be more people playing this on an ios device. Heck, I would never go to the trouble of playing a BG game on my laptop, but thats just me and I LOVE BG 1, 2 and IWDT. I just dont like playing games on a computer anymore.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    I think during the last live stream they said it would be about a month after the desktop release.
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    @cmk24 thanks for info!

In case a dev reads this (or if they replied to this already in a live stream), a couple more questions: I guess the pre-orders are for the PC version only? What about the price for tablets? Will they do like last time and make it cheaper than PC and then add the new characters as purchases to reach 20$? I will buy the full lot, anyway, but just wondering.

• PaladinPaladin Member Posts: 335
    Good question Mac! I am also curious about this.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Preorders are for desktop only. I can't comment on the price of the expansion for iOS and Android.
  • LifatLifat Member Posts: 353

Yes, I too would like to know this. I dont have any real numbers to back up my assumption, but I would guess that there would be more people playing this on an ios device. Heck, I would never go to the trouble of playing a BG game on my laptop, but thats just me and I LOVE BG 1, 2 and IWDT. I just dont like playing games on a computer anymore.

I'd say that there is a very large amount of people playing it on desktops/laptops because of the ease of modding on those systems, but as I have no statistics to back that assumption, my guess is as good as yours. Please don't get me wrong here, I am all for support for the different devices.
  • FiachFiach Member Posts: 231
    Disappointed with the later android release but it's great that it's not too far away :)
  • MacHurtoMacHurto Member Posts: 731
    Dee said:

Preorders are for desktop only. I can't comment on the price of the expansion for iOS and Android.

I see. Thanks for the answer in any case. We will find out in due time :-)
    Fiach said:

Disappointed with the later android release but it's great that it's not too far away :)

They have always released tablets later, likely because of a smaller player base.

As long as it arrives, I am happy :-)