Skip to content

preliminary log of chasing down a potential bug with dual classing.

DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
2.0.59.1, steam, windows 7

Was doing a playthrough, noticed Imoen(who I had THOUGHT I had dualed at 7 to mage), had an inactive class at 20,000 xp and level 6. For the record, I dualed her at 40,053 XP(or so I believe). Puzzled by this. Attempt to replicate.

Started a new game. Created a level 1 thief, consoled in xp to get to level 7 using the new UI based buttons(set 40,000 in the xp value and clicked the button). Worked, got to 7. Dualed immediately, and the UI shows correct values.

Next step: see if I can dual Imoen. Started a new game, same class and kit as my primary game(female berzerker), immediately went to gorion to move to the next area. Cutscene, retrieved imoen, gave her 1250 xp with the console buttons. Attempted to level her up(one level at a time to simulate a proper levelling process)

*came to a screeching halt* Imoen has no thief skills. Continuing to explore this.

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    edited March 2016
    going through the prologue doing all the quests, imoen now has thief skills at level up. still investigating. trying to replicate.

can't seem to replicate the 'no thieving skills at level up' i noticed. continuing with 'imoen loses a level upon dual classing' i noticed. still a distinct possibility of user error.
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    So after chasing this, I am forced to conclude that in between save scumming at some point in Peldvale, I levelled up Imoen to 7, then undid that and dual classed without realizing I undid my level up. So she basically wasted 20,000 xp. :/