Skip to content

Steam Key ?

If I buy the game on Beamdog do I get a Steam key?
Thanks

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Yep. After you've made the purchase just email support@beamdog.com asking for one.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    To clarify a bit, your purchase from Beamdog doesn't automatically grant or guarantee you a Steam key. But yes, if you contact support we'll hook you up.
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    Question about Steam/Beamdog/SoD. I previously purchased BGEE&BG2EE through the Steam Store, but want to atone and buy SoD through Beamdog. There won't be any compatibility issues, correct? I'll just be able to import/export characters like normal?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Yes, characters and saves are compatible across all stores and platforms.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    How will he even be able to purchase SoD through the Beamdog client if he doesn't already have BG1:EE there? Isn't the base game a requirement?
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    Does it cost BeamDog money to deliver the steam keys?

I guess it would be nice to have Steam keys, just because, but it's not like a big deal, and if it costs them money, I may just not bother asking for them.
  • AnthedonAnthedon Member Posts: 26
    Necromancy warning!

Does this apply to BG:EE and BG2:EE? Just asking because I purchased both titles via Beamdog when they were released and there were still issues with Atari and Steam back then.
  • KelvrynKelvryn Member Posts: 44
    I bought BG:EE when It was released. Am I able to request a steam key now or is it too late?
    @Anthedon Yes, if you own the game through Beamdog.com you can request a Steam key via support@beamdog.com

@Kelvryn It's not too late. Go ahead and submit your request.

We're receiving a lot of these requests (which is understandable, given the start to the Road to v2.0 beta event), so if it takes a few days to get your request processed just be patient; our support staff are also helping people with other issues, and those are likely to take priority over Steam key requests.
    err Which delivery service do you use to deliver the Collector's edition? I hope Its not Purolator or UPS for that mater. Please say you use USPS. I'm Canadian and ups charges extra...lol
  • YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
    @dee @elminster

I tried to order the expansion via beamdog to get a steam key BUT I'm only allowed to buy it in a bundle with BG:ee, which I already have (guess where, on steam)

@Yamcha Yes, if you own BG:EE through Steam, you'll need to buy the expansion through Steam once it's released. Preorders are only through Beamdog.com.

@Kelvryn I believe our carrier is USPS for the Collector's Edition, yes.
    Awesome, Never use Purolator, they suck....lol
    I got my new steam key thank you. :)