Skip to content

Shade template - Info

SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
Hi everyone, I decided to create an Artemis Entreri char to make a solo Legacy of Bhaal run through BG:EE 2.0.
He is a human Fighter/Shadowdancer multiclass, with Assassin's backstab progression and one use of Poison Weapon, x2 Offensive and Defensive rotations.

Now, since he should be partially a shade, I wanted to give him some "only at night time" bonuses like the Nightwalker Boots, Hexxat, etc work.

My question, since I can't seem to find a proper 2d template, is: what would be the advantages and disadvantages of being a shade?
Infravision and...?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    edited March 2016
    You may want to check Dragon Magazine number 126. There is the ecology of shade article there that I have found very interesting. A pdf link can be found via google.

IIRC, immune to healing, aging, disease, level drain and can not gain levels either. The mixture of positive and negative energies forever hold the character in balance, can not lose or gain levels, hit points, spells, proficiencies, etc. In darkness has full powers and can go to shadowplane at will, in light a shade is weak and thus avoids daytime like a vampire. A holy word spell banishes him to the shadowplane.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    @lunar thanks but I mean shadovar, not the undead ;)