Skip to content

Protection from Creature Type

DemivrgvsDemivrgvs Member Posts: 315
Can anyone confirm me how this opcode behave within EE?

Does it grant +2 to all saves as intended or is the protection limited to physical attacks? If it's the latter, can you please fix it so that Protection from Evil and similar effects aren't screwed?

I think you guys confirmed that the attack roll penalty is applied correctly but it isn't clear if the "+2 to all saves" is applied as a penalty as well, unless that's what @valky meant with "it modifies only the attack roll or the difficult level of a spell made by an evil creature". https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/212542/#Comment_212542

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    I'm not sure if it does. The protect from evil spell says in the description that it grants a +2 to saves, but there doesn't seem to be an opcode that actually does this looking at the 'guts' of the spell. 219 gives +2 to ac vs evil creatures, 100 gives protection from demons, and there are other graphics/sound effects and protections from charm, but there doesn't seem to be anything that gives a +2 to saves. It's definitely not protection from creature type (ie opcode 100) as it targets only creatures with the demon gendertype not evil creatures...