Skip to content

Quick Question NPC Recruit Level

I am lvl 1, picked up viconia(2) and Kagain(1) if i give both the Boot and Level some on my own to be more than a Wet Noodle and come back will they still be 2 and 1 or magical level up on their own ?

Comments

• PK2748PK2748 Member Posts: 381
    Once recruited even if kicked out my experience is they are locked at the level you found them at. I usually go around at level one and recruit every NPC so I can shape them as I please if I need them later. Kagain's warehouse becomes my NPC holding cell
  • DevardKrownDevardKrown Member Posts: 421
    PK2748 said:

Once recruited even if kicked out my experience is they are locked at the level you found them at. I usually go around at level one and recruit every NPC so I can shape them as I please if I need them later. Kagain's warehouse becomes my NPC holding cell

great because the HP rolls are partially Abysmal, and i want to give me (Assassin) a lil xp boost on my own to get those thief skills on a usefull level
  • thelovebatthelovebat Member Posts: 218
    edited March 2016

PK2748 said:

great because the HP rolls are partially Abysmal, and i want to give me (Assassin) a lil xp boost on my own to get those thief skills on a usefull level
    There's a mod out there that sets the NPC level to 1 when you meet them, then if they auto level up to scale to your level they end up with the same experience points they normally would but remain level 1 so you can level them up yourself and get the HP rolls and skill allotment you want. That's my preference especially if you plan on replaying the game, rushing to get all the NPCs you might want in your party before gaining many levels can be kind of difficult (and gets old) especially if you have to advance a few chapters in the game or more to get them. Otherwise as mentioned, the computer can end up giving some pretty abysmal HP rolls to the joinable NPCs beyond a starting level of 1 or 2, losing out on potential HPs.
    edited March 2016

PK2748 said:

There's a mod out there that sets the NPC level to 1 when you meet them, then if they auto level up to scale to your level they end up with the same experience points they normally would but remain level 1 so you can level them up yourself and get the HP rolls and skill allotment you want. That's my preference especially if you plan on replaying the game, rushing to get all the NPCs you might want in your party before gaining many levels can be kind of difficult (and gets old) especially if you have to advance a few chapters in the game or more to get them. Otherwise as mentioned, the computer can end up giving some pretty abysmal HP rolls to the joinable NPCs beyond a starting level of 1 or 2, losing out on potential HPs.
    Never a fan of "Mods" which do more than change a visual or repair a Bug, actually i never Modded BG BG2 or TOB ..just used EE keeper to change the Odd Sprite or try to repair a broken quest.

i like my NPC slightly flawed, they are just "normal dudes" and cant look back to CHARNAMES sheltered life with very decent physical and mental training.. on the other hand i dont like the crippled because Viconia got 5x 4hp throws scripted.
  • Nothing_to_see_hereNothing_to_see_here Member Posts: 31

Never a fan of "Mods" which do more than change a visual or repair a Bug, actually i never Modded BG BG2 or TOB ..just used EE keeper to change the Odd Sprite or try to repair a broken quest.

i like my NPC slightly flawed, they are just "normal dudes" and cant look back to CHARNAMES sheltered life with very decent physical and mental training.. on the other hand i dont like the crippled because Viconia got 5x 4hp throws scripted.

So even if a mod makes the game pretty much exactly how you want it (and you play it "wrongly" to make it behave the way you like it), you don't want to use it?

So even if a mod makes the game pretty much exactly how you want it (and you play it "wrongly" to make it behave the way you like it), you don't want to use it?
    again i do not mod.
  • Nothing_to_see_hereNothing_to_see_here Member Posts: 31

again i do not mod.

I understood that, the reason I asked was simply that I was qurious as to why you don't use mods. In this case you are jumping through hoops/metagaming just to have the same exact effect as this mod. Basically, you are modding the game ingame. It just doesn't make sense to me. :)