Skip to content

[TAB] key with no toggle Highlight on/off option?

00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267
This may have just been from a mod and not in the main game but I cant remember. When you press the TAB key to make interactive objects highlighted im sure there use to be an option in the menu to make it either 'Hold To Highlight' as it is now or 'Toggle Highlights On/Off' to save you having to keep pressing it.

Is there a option in the menu im missing or was it actually from a mod?
Also on that note, not that it matters as much, but I cant see the option to re-key the TAB/highlight key anywhere in the Assign Keys menu. So not sure if that's a bug or as intended.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I can't remember the base games ever having that, so probably that was from a mod.
    Ithual
  • 00zim0000zim00 Member Posts: 267

I can't remember the base games ever having that, so probably that was from a mod.

Dam :/ it was a nice feature... lol. Maybe ill add a feature request.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Try toggling the magnifying glass button on the right side of the screen. That should set it to "always on".
    00zim00Ithualcmk24
    Oh wow, new button hype :D either that or i never noticed it! Thank you @Dee :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you want to see something really interesting and different, try adding this line to baldur.lua:
    SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options', 'Show Triggers On Tab', '1')
    JuliusBorisovcmk24
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    Dee said:

If you want to see something really interesting and different, try adding this line to baldur.lua:

SetPrivateProfileString('Game Options', 'Show Triggers On Tab', '1')
    Trippy!
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    Going to take a guess here, but isn't that the same as ctrl+4?
  • DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    It puts an icon over every interactable object.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Yep, these features were added for tablets and back-ported to the Desktop version.
    00zim00
    @Dee Do you know if its a bug or intended that when you go into any menu (Record, Inventory, etc) the "Reveal Details" button automatically turns off?

I was going to make a feature request asking if we can still have the option to hotkey the Tab key to be able to toggle highlights on and off as the button does. But wasnt sure if the ability to have it remember it was on when you go into the menus should also be in the request or as a bug.
    XKalMehZhure