Skip to content

Is there a version without music that costs less than 39.99 - or is that the baseline price?

I am so cheap. I was wondering if there is a digital version of SoD that is 29.99 or so that does not include the music. I already have the music CD of Baldurs Gate. I am not sure if I will want to own a SoD music CD. I never listen to the Baldurs Gate Music CD because many of the songs are only the sort of song you would listen too when you wanted to stay awake on a fire watch.
So:

Is the cheapest version the digital 39.99 version?

I guess I should buy it - I spend twenty dollars in 5 minutes on a box of 9 mil.

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you already own BG:EE through Beamdog.com the price is only $19.99. The 39.98 price is for the combination of BGEE and SoD.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Thanks Dee. Oh great wow 19.99 is a great deal- I will surely buy it and rule all. But, I went to the Beamdog web page and only saw two offers one for:
    39.97 and one for 129.99$

Where is the place I put a 19.99 SoD only digital purchase in my cart?

https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear-digital-deluxe
    Oppps sorry it is here: Everyone buy it for 19.99 at once!
    https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear
    Great great I just bought it! I hope some of the 19.99$ can have at least 2 cents that can go to the gregarious gruesome hatted bard lass so she can purchase some more garish grape garnish for her fine head.
  • GingauGingau Member Posts: 13
    Thot I got BGEE from Beamdog, but it came through itunes (hate buying games from them), so there is no record of me having it here. I guess that means I can only get BGSoD from Beamdog if I rebuy EE. Even the link above only gives me the option of buying the expansion and won't let me delete EE from the cart without removing SoD.
    hmmm did you buy it on an ipad? I think ipads or iphones have this obtrusive and funnel style framework where they always want you to log in to itunes. I am starting to think I should have got a Hangookin Android Samsung or LG handah phonaah.

Anyway I bought it on the 19.99 link and it looked to works as I now have a SoD in my startup menu along with the Icewind dale BG2 and BG1 square start boxes. I assssssume come the 31st it will download. Rite now it will not.
    Oh pardon- that above sounds mean- I was just making light of her hat- she is in all ways a fine lass of both wit and visage- it is just her hat is a bit gross in showing an appetite for garish hats. I think it is great you all are subjecting urselves to so much media. I need to encourage and be kind after all she is a bard and some of them can create poison arrows out of thin air.
    Not sure which is more flamboyant, bards feathers or wizards cones. Good specs are an enticement to wear anything.

it's a Desktop version as is BG2EE and IWD which is different in that it needed steam, another app I could do without. Never did like games you HAD to be connected to internet to play. Spoiled by the original BG before i-anythings. Guess there's no way to convince Beamdog I've got EE already.
  • AshleyMarieAshleyMarie Member Posts: 4
    $19.99 is in my opinion still too high for an expansion. That is what SoD is, is an expansion. It is not a stand alone game and should not be the same price as the base game it requires.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366

$19.99 is in my opinion still too high for an expansion. That is what SoD is, is an expansion. It is not a stand alone game and should not be the same price as the base game it requires.

If it's good and bring tons of fun , why can't it over $20?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2016
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Yea, just sorry I got diverted by a sale and now am banned from getting the next one from the source.
  • PoquelinPoquelin Member Posts: 1
    19.99 is a very good price , and if it can help devellop some other games like this in the future why not . We are talking about Baldur Gate here , the best game of it's kind .
  • PhilXPhilX Member Posts: 1
    Dee said:

If you already own BG:EE through Beamdog.com the price is only $19.99. The 39.98 price is for the combination of BGEE and SoD.

So just to clarify, I bought BG:EE through steam so am I going to buy this from steam? I have BG2:EE from Breamdog so I am all over the place.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you own BG:EE through Steam, you'll need to wait until the release date before you can buy the expansion, because you'll need to buy it on Steam if you only own BG:EE through that platform.