Skip to content

For Beamdog, an act of faith. (My version of "Shut up & take my money")

As I did for IWDEE, I will buy SoD at release.

However, I do not expect to actually play it before a year or so (same as I did with IWDEE; still haven't finished it actually).

Why?
Well, because I am ornery, that's why:
Gaming time is limited and to me the particulars of the setup matters much: patches need to come out; SCS needs to co-exist with the new version of EEs (SCS may never be applied SoD, but new version EE to me will become unplayable until SCS catches up). Ideally, Spell Revisions and other strong mods will also be adapted to SoD. Then both the mods & SoD will need to be patched... etc. etc.
So, yeah, I give it a year.

Why not. It's fine.
Beamdog has been good to us, the community.
And the modders here are also a superb bunch people, dedicated to the legacy of an excellent game.
It's worth the wait.

I'll pitch in now -as an act of faith- and will consider it well worth my money, if a year from now, you deliver the game I hope to play.

(And, I really really really hope that SoD has good writing and narrative. Please.)

P.S. "Hey, so, what will you be doing for a year then?"
Why, I still have a no-reload run to finish:
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/720272

Comments

• LifatLifat Member Posts: 353
    I'll be buying SoD around release aswell. I'll be finishing a playthrough of BG1EE before I venture into SoD, so it might take a little while before I get around to it, which also gives them time to correct any major mistakes there might be at launch.
  • ShandoShando Member Posts: 147
    ill start the run after the SoD is out.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Ygramul said:

As I did for IWDEE, I will buy SoD at release.

However, I do not expect to actually play it before a year or so (same as I did with IWDEE; still haven't finished it actually).

Why?
    Well, because I am ornery, that's why:
    Gaming time is limited and to me the particulars of the setup matters much: patches need to come out; SCS needs to co-exist with the new version of EEs (SCS may never be applied SoD, but new version EE to me will become unplayable until SCS catches up). Ideally, Spell Revisions and other strong mods will also be adapted to SoD. Then both the mods & SoD will need to be patched... etc. etc.
    So, yeah, I give it a year.

Why not. It's fine.
    Beamdog has been good to us, the community.
    And the modders here are also a superb bunch people, dedicated to the legacy of an excellent game.
    It's worth the wait.

I'll pitch in now -as an act of faith- and will consider it well worth my money, if a year from now, you deliver the game I hope to play.

(And, I really really really hope that SoD has good writing and narrative. Please.)

P.S. "Hey, so, what will you be doing for a year then?"
    Why, I still have a no-reload run to finish:
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/720272

I expect that the new Legacy of Bhaal difficulty will use much of the SCS tactics...
  • YgramulYgramul Member Posts: 1,059
    Elendar said:

I expect that the new Legacy of Bhaal difficulty will use much of the SCS tactics...

Based on what? Has there been any announcements to that effect?
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    Ygramul said:

Elendar said:

Based on what? Has there been any announcements to that effect?
    I don't think much has been released about the difficulty yet, but what else are they going to do with a new difficulty thats harder than the typical "insane" level that they have already?

The new difficulty is supposed to be able to be finished "only by players of the highest skill" so it just seems like it will be similar to SCS in some ways. Probably just a good idea to keep an eye on what it really is when more info is released on it, anyways.