Skip to content

Bug? Guarded Compound in Temple district didn't spawn a Glabrezu.

Hi guys, I just cleared the Guarded Compound in Temple district and then I went back to read some of the walkthroughs to make sure I didn't miss anything. I didn't miss anything EXCEPT the fact that on the first floor I didn't get to fight the Glabrezu which was supposed to be spawned together with OGRE BERSERKERS ETTERCAP NISHRUU EFREETI. Is that right?

Perhaps it's because my main CHAR's level is low that's why? He is currently a lv9/12 F/T when I cleared the guarded compound. I'm running SCS.

Comments

• DurenasDurenas Member Posts: 508
    I believe the Glabrezu is supposed to be spawned by a trap. IIRC(and I might be wrong), it doesn't actually give any XP, because it's a summoned monster.
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    It is spawned by the trap and also in my SCS run didn't appear...
    johntyl
  • johntyljohntyl Member Posts: 397
    Amberion wrote: »
    I believe the Glabrezu is supposed to be spawned by a trap. IIRC(and I might be wrong), it doesn't actually give any XP, because it's a summoned monster.

Some of the guides I read mentioned that you can get 12500 exp from killing it. Anyway, following your argument, there shouldn't be any experienced earned from killing the other monsters then since they are technically 'summoned' by the trap as well.
    It is spawned by the trap and also in my SCS run didn't appear...

Do you think it's a SCS bug?
  • sansserifsansserif Member Posts: 125
    I have unmodded BG2EE, and I didn't get any experience from the Glabrezu and any other monsters on the first level.
    edited March 2016
    > @johntyl said:
    > SpaceInvader wrote: »
    >
    > It is spawned by the trap and also in my SCS run didn't appear...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Do you think it's a SCS bug?

I guess so. I moved my override folder and without it it spawns just fine but, as @sansserif says, it doesn't give exp.
    Although it would make sense to be rewarded for killing it, since it wasn't summoned by the player on purpose.
    The problem is that this Glabrezu, like the other creatures spawned by the trap, uses the same .cre file of the relative summoning spell.
    Post edited by SpaceInvader on
    @SpaceInvader just to clarify, do we normally gain experience from killing enemies' summoned creatures?

@johntyla note, ive noticed that most enemies summon pit fiends (as part of a Gate spell) which don't give any experience. An exception are the demons that Irenicus summons in Hell, I believe.
    JuliusBorisov
    johntyl said:

@SpaceInvader just to clarify, do we normally gain experience from killing enemies' summoned creatures?

We used to get exp for summoned Pit Fiend, for example, in vanilla BG2 (prior ToB).
    Now we don't get any for any summon, doesn't matter who summoned it.

PS: @sansserif Irenicus doesn't summon those demons through a spell.
    JuliusBorisov
    edited March 2016
    @SpaceInvaderI don't remember , but they just spawned as part of the script? Ok then my bad. But you get exp for the Shadow Slayers that Melissan summons, I don't think that's a spell either.