Skip to content

Recreating specific PnP abilities...

GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
In play testing a kit I've been building I have decided to rework one of the previously implemented innate abilities from my OA 1st ed Kensai Kit

The OA 1st ed PnP states:

At 4th level he can mediate like a shukenja, This enables them to rest, gaining the equivalent of two hours of sleep for each hour spent in meditation.  During such meditation, they are fully alert, sufficiently to keep watch if desired, and may move immediately to any other activity.

Originally I had used the the Monk's
 Lay On Hands ability to heal himself of 2 Hit Points per level, but I found this to be misplaced and broken...

I was considering something like this: Once per day the Kensai negates fatigue as if  the user has had a full night's sleep.

Thoughts, suggestions comments?

Comments

• GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Greener wrote: »
    In play testing a kit I've been building I have decided to rework one of the previously implemented innate abilities from my OA 1st ed Kensai Kit

The OA 1st ed PnP states:

At 4th level he can mediate like a shukenja, This enables them to rest, gaining the equivalent of two hours of sleep for each hour spent in meditation.  During such meditation, they are fully alert, sufficiently to keep watch if desired, and may move immediately to any other activity.

Originally I had used the the Monk's Lay On Hands ability to heal himself of 2 Hit Points per level, but I found this to be misplaced and broken...

I was considering something like this: Once per day the Kensai negates fatigue as if  the user has had a full night's sleep.

Thoughts, suggestions comments?

That should be really easy. I'm not at my computer, bit take a look at the unfailing endurance spell. All you would need to do is convert that to an innate
  • GreenerGreener Member Posts: 430
    That should be really easy. I'm not at my computer, bit take a look at the unfailing endurance spell. All you would need to do is convert that to an innate

Thank you, thats what I was thinking. What are you thoughts about the idea? Useful, or not? Realistic mimic of the PnP ability?
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    Greener wrote: »

Thank you, thats what I was thinking. What are you thoughts about the idea? Useful, or not? Realistic mimic of the PnP ability?

I think it's definitely useful, though only play testing will say for sure.

It seems to simulate the ability pretty well, I suppose. You could, perhaps, reduce the healing aspect substantially. What about 1hp per 2 levels?