Skip to content

Beta Patch 2.0 and mod compatibility

YamchaYamcha Member Posts: 486
The new 2.0 patch for BGee:1+2 is available for anyone participating in the open beta.

Has anyone yet tested the mod compatibility ?

I would be especially interested in:

- Item Revision
- Spell Revision
- SCS
- EE: Ascension

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • DanielCoffeyDanielCoffey Member Posts: 2
    I confess to being interested in whether BG1NPC would work out of the gate too as I have just started a new playthrough on 1.3 but was putting off using BG1NPC since version 2.0 was so close. A little time will tell.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    I've tested BG1:EE Patch 2.0 with:
    DARKHORIZONSBGEE
    DSOTSCBGEE
    DRIZZTSAGA
    BGQE
    SIRINESCALL
    The Stone of Askavar
    BG1AERIE
    THALAN
    CONVINIENTAMMUNITION
    BG1NPC
    BG1RE
    BG1UB
    MSFM
    and they were installed without errors. Stratagems initialization component was fail because of one file. It will be sorted out via fixpack after Patch 2.0 Final/SoD release.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @subtledoctor Missed you post, everything is solved now
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    edited March 2016
    Plus BD specifically asked beta testers not to use mods.

That's really if you're running 2.0 to test 2.0 itself. It's not like installing a mod on 2.0 destroys the universe or anything.

If you're looking to hunt bugs in 2.0, then you do not install any mods, because those mods may cause a bug, and if you then report said bug to the dev team, they waste time searching for a bug that's not in the game itself.

There shouldn't be anything wrong with installing mods to see how those mods are gonna faire under 2.0. Just keep in mind that since you no longer have a clean install, you shouldn't report any bugs to the devs, as they may not be in the game itself but in the mods.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Oh gods, you installed mods in the beta?! okayhangonwecanfixthiswecan--

1.jpg
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @subtledoctor: Well, according to Dee's picture, there may be something wrong with it. :P