Skip to content

Any plans for the release date?

RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
edited September 2012 in Off-Topic
So I was wondering how you would go about things on the 18th (21st?). Anyone have any special plans cooked up? Ritual of sorts? Or just jumping headlong into battle, and staying up for the remainder of the night smiting evil?

Unfortunately, I have to work late that day, but if I weren't, I'd make the biggest pot of coffee the world has ever seen (take that Texas!), transform my desk into a BG shrine, turn off my phone, and start humming the bg main theme in eager anticipation.

What will you do?
Post edited by Coriander on

Comments

• etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

So I was wondering how you would go about things on the 18th (21st?). Anyone have any special plans cooked up? Ritual of sorts? Or just jumping headlong into battle, and staying up for the remainder of the night smiting evil?

Unfortunately, I have to work late that day, but if I weren't, I'd make the biggest pot of coffee the world has ever seen (take that Texas!), transform my desk into a BG shrine, turn off my phone, and start humming the bg main theme in eager anticipation.

What will you do?

hmm sounds about right^^... to bad i also have work..
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    There was already a topic like this: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/60129
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    Id just like to point out that there is a topic about this http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/60255
  • RexfaroensisRexfaroensis Member Posts: 134
    @Sofia @Fake_Sketch Cheers for letting me know!
  • Fake_SketchFake_Sketch Member Posts: 217
    @Sophia lol ninjad
    @Rexfaroensis Its not your fault anyway, I couldn't find it via the searchbox, I just knew it existed.
    So many discussions...
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I happen to be off from work that day, happily.

Honestly, knowing me, I'll probably play from morning to bedtime that day. With a few breaks of course. After that I'll have to parcel time out to play in pretty small rations.

Question: I've per-purchased the game and downloaded the Beamdog client. IIRC we'll be receiving an email with instructions about how to download and install the game on the 18th.

But is there anything else I can do now in preparation? I think I recall reading that we can download a good portion of the game/installer and then on the 18th there'll be a relatively small download. If that's correct, does that amount to installing the Beamdog client beforehand? Or is there something else to download now?
    I have no idea. Haven't even downloaded the client. How do I do that? I just got an email saying that I'd be informed on a later date.
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    The client may not even be needed, I'm not even sure, heh!