Skip to content

What to wield in off-hand

My gang is in the middle of Lower Dorn Deep right now, and my dual-wielding fighter is just about to reach level 15, meaning he can start putting points into a second weapon type (I already have 5* in Longsword and 3* in dual wielding). I'm assuming I won't have enough levels left to max out the second weapon, so it'll probably go in the offhand. What would be a weapon type that could give useful bonuses for a fighter in the offhand. For the record my other party members and their weapons are a Bard (a bunch of random proficiencies, doesn't really matter she mostly casts and sings), Fighter/Cleric (maces, flails and hammers) and Fighter/Thief (longbow, shortswords, katanas).

Comments

• JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    Honestly, longswords are probably good enough that you could just stick with those and maybe pick up a ranged weapon instead.
  • IxzziplixalIxzziplixal Member Posts: 4
    Well, yeah longswords are great, but I gotta put that prof. somewhere. I wouldn't mind getting some ranged weapon profs, but with dual wielding it kinda doesn't work. Unless of course there exists some mod/tweak/macro/whatever to automatically take the offhand on/off. (Can't wait until we get weapon set switching in SoD)
  • BillyYankBillyYank Member Posts: 2,768
    Well, yeah longswords are great, but I gotta put that prof. somewhere. I wouldn't mind getting some ranged weapon profs, but with dual wielding it kinda doesn't work. Unless of course there exists some mod/tweak/macro/whatever to automatically take the offhand on/off. (Can't wait until we get weapon set switching in SoD)

You won't just get that in SOD, you'll get it when the 2.0 update comes out, which should be in less than a week.
  • PteranPteran Member Posts: 388
    BillyYank wrote: »

You won't just get that in SOD, you'll get it when the 2.0 update comes out, which should be in less than a week.

I'm really excited for 2.0, even if for no other reason than the weapon switching. I hated having to go into the inventory to swap between dual-wielding or a shield and a ranged weapon.
  • GrumGrum Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,100
    Is go flails. You might get lucky and find a morning star of defender +4. It gives 20% physical damage resistance. Great for off hand and compliments longsword of action +4 nicely.