Skip to content

I will have to uninstall all BG2 mods, is that correct?

Hello all,

I have quite a few mods on my BG2 at the moment (NPCs, SCS, Dungeon Be Gone and so on). Am I correct in guessing that prior to installing Siege of Dragonspear, I should uninstall them all? Am I also correct in guessing that they are not likely to work if I then simply re-install them?

Any information on this would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    the patch is going to delete your overide folder. you are going to have to reinstall all the mods as the files will be reset.
  • SurvivorSurvivor Member Posts: 68
    edited March 2016
    Since Siege of Dragonspear is an add-on for Baldurs Gate:EE, and not BG2:EE I do not think that mods for the latter have any relevance, i.e. you should be able to keep them. When you install patch 2.0, however, most mods will probably no longer work - additionally, some (or even all) might get erased in the process, as usual with the patches.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    All patches delete the override. You will need to reinstall your mods after patching. If you reinstall them in the same order, then there will be no problem with old saved games.
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    Thank you all, this is much appreciated.

@Avenger_teambg: Given that there are 10+ mods, I cannot be certain of the exact order. I believe I will simply have to forfeit my current BG2 save. Not such a big loss - although I have to say I have rather enjoyed the Isra NPC mod.
  • AmmarAmmar Member Posts: 1,297
    xzar_monty wrote: »
    Thank you all, this is much appreciated.

@Avenger_teambg: Given that there are 10+ mods, I cannot be certain of the exact order. I believe I will simply have to forfeit my current BG2 save. Not such a big loss - although I have to say I have rather enjoyed the Isra NPC mod.

You can see the order in your weidu log file.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    I may as well just restart a new game anyways myself. I know my install order but i'm disabling somethings from the tweak pack that the new patch makes redundant so better safe then sorry.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    There's another option that I'm planning on using, to continue my old modded campaigns in version 1.3 and use version 2.0 only for Siege of Dragonspear, until both said campaigns are completed and enough mods are updated to create a new modded 2.0 instal.

Here's how to (in Windows, I wouldn't know how it translates to Linux or MacOS):

1. Create a new folder with a name of your choosing (I've got C/Games/BG1 NPC Complete Edition for instance for an instal with a lot of NPC's in them),
    2. Copy the contents of your modded game to the new folder, keeping the old folder like it is
    (you may have to turn on 'show hidden files and folder')
    4. This new instal won't be registered in the Windows registry, but still will start just fine with the Baldur.exe from within the folder.
    5. When you update the game to 2.0, only the original game folder will be effected, your copied game will remain unaffected and be a 1.3 game (this is my prediction anyway, there's no 2.0 out yet to test it).
    6. You'll need different User Accounts to play each campaign and keep their saves separate. If you start the game from (a shortcut to) Baldur.exe in a different account, it will have it's own My Documents/Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition to create it's saves in.
    7. For ease of use, you can shift-righclick on the proper shortcut and choose 'run as different user' to use the other account without account-switching.

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited March 2016
    I just have an uncap Xp mod. I guess it will be enough if I take those files out of override before installing sod, and then take them into the override floder again.