Skip to content

Is it possible to have the default EE UI back?

I just got the patch for BG1EE and after growing used to the amazing EE UI I'm not really liking this new one.
The default EE UI character screen showed HP, THAC0, damage range, AC and also what was influencing those statistics (gear, stats, proficiencies) all neatly arranged in a single screen so every relevant information was right at your face with a single button click.
Now you either have to go to the inventory screen or go through multiple tabs to see the SAME information that was all so readily available before.

Comments

• illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    edited March 2016
    RedWizard said:

I just got the patch for BG1EE and after growing used to the amazing EE UI I'm not really liking this new one.
    The default EE UI character screen showed HP, THAC0, damage range, AC and also what was influencing those statistics (gear, stats, proficiencies) all neatly arranged in a single screen so every relevant information was right at your face with a single button click.
    Now you either have to go to the inventory screen or go through multiple tabs to see the SAME information that was all so readily available before.

Someone will probably make an UI mod in a few days/weeks (or do it yourself using the instructions here: https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/48994/the-new-ui-system-how-to-use-it).

That said, I like the current UI 100 times more than the old one.
  • auyranauyran Member Posts: 6
    it will probably be modded in, otherwise you can go back to 1.3 if you want.
    at least you can on steam.
  • woowoovoodoowoowoovoodoo Member Posts: 150
    edited March 2016
    RedWizard said:

All that info is now available in the tooltips from Inventory screen by the way. Just hover over THACO, for example and you'll see the modifiers.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    I can get behind the new format. It's a little awkward and needs more clicking but it's a lot easier to find the information I need instead of sifting through all the useless junk. Only one thing stands out that I've noticed. At first I thought it was glitched and not saving my options, but then I realized...

You switched the 'Cancel' and 'Done' buttons around. WHY?!!!