Skip to content

Please, enable P2P transfers

The download is crawling along. I just wanted to make sure that everyone knows it is possible to allow peer to peer transfers to speed it up.
Ithual

Comments

• helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    edited March 2016
    UH? How that does work?

PS. Will it work for SoD or just for the patches?
  • teenpartyteenparty Member Posts: 46
    I assume it works for everything. It can be turned on in settings in the beamdog installer.
  • AvariAvari Member Posts: 38
    P2P doesn't seem to be speeding anything up though. I'm averaging 50 kb/s on a 6 mb/s connection with P2P enabled. Guess I'll have to let it run overnight although the client has already crashed twice.
    Same here, the client has crahsed 2 or 3 times now, and I have never gone beyond 20kb/s
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    P2P didn't help for me as well
  • riomar2000riomar2000 Member Posts: 4
    edited March 2016
    P2P will work better if everyone sticks with it.
    teenparty
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    edited March 2016
    rather stable rate of about 80kb/sek in middle europe with P2P on (but i assume that's just providing data to other users, not getting more data in).

the client stopped to respond to me 2 times now (not showing up anymore when alt-tabbing to it), but it came back to live after a minute or two and was working in the background obviously, as downloaded data has increased in the meantime.

watching the number grow slowly, while playing around with 2.0 of BG:EE and BG2:EE ...
  • KorevacKorevac Member Posts: 40
    I'm at 800kb a sec and 1.3gb in desu
  • MasterAeschylusMasterAeschylus Member Posts: 11
    100 kbs ;/
  • FrecheFreche Member Posts: 473
    I restared the client after enabling p2p, don't know if it helped but I downloaded with more then 1mb/s finished the install after half an hour maybe, didn't really keep track of either speed or time (I live in Sweden).
  • Kaisc006Kaisc006 Member Posts: 25
    I feel like this download speed is unacceptable... They knew it would be bad why couldn't they allow a preload!?
    zealer
    edited March 2016
    Hey¡ somehitng is happenning, after two hours at 20 kbs now i am at 600¡

Ps. Forget it, it was just a few seconds. Down to 15 kbs
    Ithual
  • BelegCuthalionBelegCuthalion Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 453
    speeding up to constant 550kb now (that's about half my connection could do).
  • agrisagris Member Posts: 581
    edited March 2016
    I fucked up. I was downloading, via the launcher with P2P enabled, at 400 - 800 KB/s, and restarted it thinking it would go faster.

Now? 10 KB/s. FML.

edit: this is a 6.25 megaBYTEs/sec connection that I routinely torrent files at 2 - 4 MB/s with.
  • rorikonrorikon Member Posts: 105
    I don't understand why it seems to be downloading all the BG1 data again when I already had it installed. Surely things would have been somewhat faster if we only had to download the extra 1gb instead of the full 3.7gb?
    zealer
    Great, now the Beamdog client has hanged
  • ZeshinXZeshinX Member Posts: 88
    For 2016, this kind of slow download crap is ridiculous. Oh well, first world problems I guess.
  • zealerzealer Member Posts: 30
    This is absurd, what's the point from buying(preordering even) from Beamdog if you won't even be able to play on launch, while people who bought from steam are already playing it even though it released hours after it did on beamdog. Lesson learned.
    Ithual
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Beamdog really shot their client in the foot with this release...
    zealer
  • lostdragon05lostdragon05 Member Posts: 17
    I wonder if Beamdog will give me a refund on my direct purchase so I can repurchase through Steam in order that I might actually be able to play the game today.
  • MasterAeschylusMasterAeschylus Member Posts: 11
    99.9 getting 50bs...