Can't leave the Crypt

2»

Comments

• ButteredToastButteredToast Member Posts: 16
    Save with issue for reference.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited April 2016
    @ButteredToast Let me make sure I understand what you just said:

On your first game, the game where you can't get past the closing cutscene for the Safehouse, Imoen never appeared / fired her dialog when you exited down to the second level of the Safehouse? You clicked the entrance on the first floor, went to the second floor, but Imoen never gave the dialog after reaching that floor?

Speaking to Imoen at the various locations she stops is not necessary, and actually for the testing *I* Personally did I would expect there to be MORE problems with speaking to Imoen than not since almost all of my testing skipped all of the conversations with Imoen.

At this point with you, we're now trying to figure out what caused Imoen not to spawn down in Floor 2, that would seem to be a problem that could very well cause some kind of issues with the ending cutscene. I've got to say, this one has me confused. :smile:

Check out the spoiler section please and respond, in spoiler tags, which of these steps you completed (WARNING THIS IS A COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH OF THE ENTIRE SAFEHOUSE, do not read this if you have not completed the safehouse or don't want this info. That said, if you are experiencing the problem with the cutscene not firing, identifying which of the steps below you did and didn't do might help diagnose the issue.

* Spawned into the zone and saw the cutscene with the two Saravok followers talking with each other about hearing something.
    * Had Imoen initiate dialog with you saying "Well, here we are..."
    * Exited the initial room and got the spawn of the Saravok follower initiating dialog regarding the sword.
    * Entered the second room and talked with the mage about obtaining the moss.
    * Solved the Moss quest by being a mage and completing the quest through dialog (alternate solution)
    * Exited the second room to the area before the bridge and opened the crypt, spawning a big skeleton.
    * Crossed the bridge, initiating combat with the followers of sarevok.
    * Opened the door on the left, initiating conversation with another follower of Sarevok
    * Engaged in combat with the followers of sarevok, killing them and looting the Key and Cloak from the corpse of the leader.
    * Pursuaded the followers of sarevok in the room not to attack and to give themselves up. Looted the cloak and key from the ground spawn.
    * Opened the door to the right with the key and proceeded into that room.
    * Opened the crypt, spawning the Ghoul thing who initiates conversation wanting you to kill khorlasz.
    * Initiated Combat with the Ghoul instead of accepting the quest.
    * Looted the Ghoul's Crypt (BEFORE reaching the second level)
    * Exited the Ghoul's room to the east and reached the cave to the second level.
    * Entered Level 2
    * Had Imoen initiate dialog with you about reaching level 2 and talking with the priest about undead.
    * Went down the hall disarming or triggering the trap
    * Entering the first area and fighting skeletons.
    * Entered the area to the north east (broken library), looted items.
    * Went south east over the bridge to the second room.
    * Killed hostiles
    * Went north east into the room with the beadles / Fire Mephts to loot treasure.
    * Exited south west to the third room and fought the shadows and shadow mage.
    * Completed the Torch Puzzle, entered Sarevok's Room
    * Went north west over the bridge to the fourth room.
    * Killed Hostiles
    * Went North East and then down a South East hall/bridge to the tomb of a ghost asking you to put his staff back together and return it to him.
    * Returned to the 4th room and went west to the room marked "strange machine"
    * Listened to the two Khorlasz followers talk about joining Caelar's crusade
    * Had the two followers initiate conversation with you.
    * Chose dialog options to kill the followers of Sarevok
    * Chose dialog options to make the followers of Sarevok leave without combat.
    * Activated the strange machine, opening the doors to Khorlasz's room.
    * Entered Khorlasz's room and engaged in conversation with Khorlasz ("It wasn't supposed to be like this!")
    * Attacked Khorlasz's coheart and killed her followers. (some or all)
    * Damaged Khorlasz till she gave herself up.
    * Killed Khorlasz before she could give herself up.
    * Chose to kill Khorlasz after she decided to give herself up.
    * Entered Khorlasz's room and killed her familiar...looted room.
    * Exited Khorlasz's room
    * Imoen immediately initiates dialog talking about exiting the tomb by the rope in room 4.
    * Turned in the staff/staff head quest to the ghost down the hall to the north east of room 4.
    * Took the rope up to level 1
    * Skipped the rope and walked back up to level 1 the long way.
    * If you took the rope: Opened the crypt in the room with the locked door. Killed spawns/looted crypt
    * If you took the rope: Opened locked door in the crypt room (leads back to where you got the key to the ghoul room)
    * Talked to the Ghoul to receive quest end for killing or imprisoning Khorlasz.
    * Looted the Ghoul's Tomb (AFTER Killing Khorlasz)
    * Talked with the woman looking for the Coblt Moss, completed quest.
    * Talked with Imoen to intiate tomb exit
    * Clicked rope to initiate tomb exit.
    * Completed Imoen Dialog

I know, long. Feel free to copy/paste my list into your own spoiler and but an "o" for completed steps and an "x" for uncompleted steps out front of the "*", this should hopefully, identify what you did and didn't complete. If it's a flagging issue or a steps issue, maybe we can diagnose it that way.

Again, the most COMMON ISSUE with this seems to be having ANY KIND of Mod installed. A "MOD" btw is defined as "did you change anything with your game? by anything we mean *absolutely anything* - mods, tweaks, whatever." If you did ANYTHING to ANY File included in the download of Siege of Dragonspear (game files for BG:EE or BG:SoD, modified the saved games in any way, put manual changes into the baldur.lua/baldur.ini file, etc., installed ANYTHING related to Baldur's Gate, BG2, or SoD into either the BG or BG:SoD directories or Documents area), it is highly likely this is the cause of your error.

The running suspicion is that there may be previously unknown conflicts with such additions due to the changed game package structure. ANYTHING done that didn't come from the download of SoD / BG:EE straight off the Beamdog, Steam, GoG or Mac App Store sites is a potential cause of this issue. If you did anything other than downloaded the game and installed it, it's suspicious for what's causing this problem.
    ButteredToast
    Illydth said:

@ButteredToast Let me make sure I understand what you just said:

On your first game, the game where you can't get past the closing cutscene for the Safehouse, Imoen never appeared / fired her dialog when you exited down to the second level of the Safehouse? You clicked the entrance on the first floor, went to the second floor, but Imoen never gave the dialog after reaching that floor?

Correct, when going down to the second floor, neither her nor the guards/priestess were there.

[Spoiler]* Spawned into the zone and saw the cutscene with the two Saravok followers talking with each other about hearing something.
    *o Had Imoen initiate dialog with you saying "Well, here we are..."
    *o Exited the initial room and got the spawn of the Saravok follower initiating dialog regarding the sword.
    *o Entered the second room and talked with the mage about obtaining the moss.
    *x Solved the Moss quest by being a mage and completing the quest through dialog (alternate solution)
    *o Exited the second room to the area before the bridge and opened the crypt, spawning a big skeleton.
    *o Crossed the bridge, initiating combat with the followers of sarevok.
    *o Opened the door on the left, initiating conversation with another follower of Sarevok
    *o Engaged in combat with the followers of sarevok, killing them and looting the Key and Cloak from the corpse of the leader.
    *x Pursuaded the followers of sarevok in the room not to attack and to give themselves up. Looted the cloak and key from the ground spawn.
    *o Opened the door to the right with the key and proceeded into that room.
    *o Opened the crypt, spawning the Ghoul thing who initiates conversation wanting you to kill khorlasz.
    *x Initiated Combat with the Ghoul instead of accepting the quest.
    *x Looted the Ghoul's Crypt (BEFORE reaching the second level)
    *o Exited the Ghoul's room to the east and reached the cave to the second level.
    *o Entered Level 2
    *x Had Imoen initiate dialog with you about reaching level 2 and talking with the priest about undead.
    *o Went down the hall disarming or triggering the trap
    *o Entering the first area and fighting skeletons.
    *o Entered the area to the north east (broken library), looted items.
    *o Went south east over the bridge to the second room.
    *o Killed hostiles
    *o Went north east into the room with the beadles / Fire Mephts to loot treasure.
    *o Exited south west to the third room and fought the shadows and shadow mage.
    *x Completed the Torch Puzzle, entered Sarevok's Room (thanks for the info on this one :smiley: )
    *o Went north west over the bridge to the fourth room.
    *o Killed Hostiles
    *o Went North East and then down a South East hall/bridge to the tomb of a ghost asking you to put his staff back together and return it to him.
    *o Returned to the 4th room and went west to the room marked "strange machine"
    *o Listened to the two Khorlasz followers talk about joining Caelar's crusade
    *o Had the two followers initiate conversation with you.
    *x Chose dialog options to kill the followers of Sarevok
    *o Chose dialog options to make the followers of Sarevok leave without combat.
    *o Activated the strange machine, opening the doors to Khorlasz's room.
    *o Entered Khorlasz's room and engaged in conversation with Khorlasz ("It wasn't supposed to be like this!")
    *o Attacked Khorlasz's coheart and killed her followers. (some or all)
    *o Damaged Khorlasz till she gave herself up.
    *x Killed Khorlasz before she could give herself up.
    *x Chose to kill Khorlasz after she decided to give herself up.
    *o Entered Khorlasz's room and killed her familiar...looted room.
    *o Exited Khorlasz's room
    *x Imoen immediately initiates dialog talking about exiting the tomb by the rope in room 4.
    *o Turned in the staff/staff head quest to the ghost down the hall to the north east of room 4.
    *o Took the rope up to level 1
    *x/o Skipped the rope and walked back up to level 1 the long way. (Note: I reloaded the save and tried both methods at one point)
    *o If you took the rope: Opened the crypt in the room with the locked door. Killed spawns/looted crypt
    * oIf you took the rope: Opened locked door in the crypt room (leads back to where you got the key to the ghoul room)
    *o Talked to the Ghoul to receive quest end for killing or imprisoning Khorlasz.
    *x Looted the Ghoul's Tomb (AFTER Killing Khorlasz)
    *o Talked with the woman looking for the Coblt Moss, completed quest.
    *x Talked with Imoen to intiate tomb exit
    *x Clicked rope to initiate tomb exit.
    *x Completed Imoen Dialog[/spoiler]

As far as modding/tweaking go, I have both BG:EE and BG2:EE both on steam, of which I enabled the console for the prior title (not 2.) SoD is currently being played through the beamdog client while I await the steam key. I'd assumed they were saved in separate locations due to being run through two separate clients, though looking at the directory it doesn't seem to be the case. I can upload my .ini file as is if you need the data for future cases. Creating a new character seemed to have resolved it though, I just found Imoen standing next to the rope.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @ButteredToast Thanks for that. If you'd like me to I suspect i could take your original save, push it through my client, potentially move you forward to the next area, save off and let you continue...assuming your first game is more special than your second.

Up to you how you'd like to go. We'll try to repro your issue given the steps you've listed and see if something jumps out at us. Otherwise it at least sounds like we've got you enjoying the game.
    @Illydth No need for all that. It was only about 15 minutes worth of time, and that would be far too much work for something so early. If it was much later in the game, then mayhaps-but not for this. Definitely enjoying it so far for sure, and congrats to you and the rest of the team for your release day.
  • SwampThingTomSwampThingTom Member Posts: 1
    I’m having this problem on Xbox. Obviously there are no mods on Xbox. Game started immediately after finishing BG. I killed khorlasz and looted her room but imoen never appeared. I’ve walked through the entire area but there’s no sign of her and no way out.