Skip to content

PC starts with no items?

Pretty sure this is a bug but just wanted to be absolutely sure. I started my first game last night and my PC had no items even though all NPC's did have a full loadout of armor and weapons. It made the first few fights a bit more challenging, and that's all i had time to do. I will put a bug report onto redmine if it is a bug as i suspect once i get home and can upload my save.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Imported Final-Save character has all his gear and a freshly started Shadowdancer got assigned appropriate items as well.
  • hexxactlyhexxactly Member Posts: 40
    I had all my stuff, but I can't cast spells(?) I'm a Necromancer/Thief, Shadowkeeper'd as such of course.
  • TorinTorin Member Posts: 229
    Qbert said:

Pretty sure this is a bug but just wanted to be absolutely sure. I started my first game last night and my PC had no items even though all NPC's did have a full loadout of armor and weapons. It made the first few fights a bit more challenging, and that's all i had time to do. I will put a bug report onto redmine if it is a bug as i suspect once i get home and can upload my save.

Did you create your character as part of starting SoD or did you import him from your Bg1EE run?
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Imported Final-Save character has all his gear and a freshly started Shadowdancer got assigned appropriate items as well.

Be warned, using a final save you will loose all containers (gem bag, potion case, scroll case, ect...). If you really want an item make sure it is in your normal inventory slot before the final battle of BG:EE.
    cmk24 said:

Be warned, using a final save you will loose all containers (gem bag, potion case, scroll case, ect...). If you really want an item make sure it is in your normal inventory slot before the final battle of BG:EE.

I did indeed notice my containers were gone. I can live with the loss, though it's nice to know for future reference that it's avoidable, so thanks.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    i imported a character file not a save file.
    Qbert said:

i imported a character file not a save file.

Yes, getting the same result. Empty inventory except for the keyring. Probably not intentional behaviour.
  • QbertQbert Member Posts: 195
    good to know. I'll post a bug report tonight unless you already have.
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited April 2016
    cmk24 said:

Well I am unsure how a final save works but for me I was just finishing my BGEE run when SoD came out so I went in killed Sarevok and then SoD instantly started in this case I was able to retain EVERYTHING including gem bag, potion case etc etc. Even the drops by Sarevoks followers appeared near me at the start of SoD.

The only thing lost is
    all the gold I had made for which there is a kind of "mini quest" to get it back
    Post edited by tobajas on