Skip to content

Any news on GOG version?

Getting really impatient here :)
At the very least some estimation would be nice :)

Comments

• Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Later today / tomorrow. It was mentioned during the most recent Twitch stream.
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Live, but Coming Soon!
  • ActarusActarus Member Posts: 78
    Great news!
  • Sophiel777Sophiel777 Member Posts: 54
    Yay :) I'm kinda worried about my wallet though :)
  • IsobelIsobel Member Posts: 13
    Is the only extra the Deluxe Edition has over the regular the soundtrack? I'm assuming I only need the regular edition (since I bought the Collector's Edition from Beamdog already) but I wanted to be sure..
  • Amber_ScottAmber_Scott Member Posts: 513
    Yes, the BG, BGEE, and SoD soundtracks come with the deluxe edition. If you bought the CE you already have everything in the deluxe edition.
    JuliusBorisov
    Thanks!!
  • ThelsThels Member Posts: 1,416
    @Isobel: If you've bought the collector's edition, shouldn't you also have received digital keys to match?
    Yes I have a Beamdog digital version from that but I own the games on GOG as well because I like GOG so I wanted to get that one as well.
    Ithual
  • clos4lifeclos4life Member Posts: 26
    I commend Beamdog for finding a way to get this done. Bravo, you guys deserve it! (Now, shut up and take my money!!!!)
    JuliusBorisov
  • Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
    Thank you, Beamdog :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • crumbcrumb Member Posts: 21
    Thank you to everyone who made this happen so quickly! :D
    JuliusBorisov
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    To bad you can't actually install SoD since it needs BGEE to be patched to 2.0 and GOG still hasn't released the patch for either game. :(
  • butzemannbutzemann Member Posts: 6
    I think the installer for the base game is already patched. At least that is what the release notes claim.
  • WhiteAgnusWhiteAgnus Member Posts: 112
    BG1:EE already got the 2.0 update, BG2:EE is missing ;)
    Ithual
    edited April 2016
    So you're telling me I have to re-download and then re-install the WHOLE GAME?
    And once the next fix patch gets released I'll have to do that AGAIN?
    Wow.. that is .. I'm speechless..
    edited April 2016
    Hmm, that's hard, but also if you want to download SoD on Beamdog, you'll have to download BG:EE again, the only platform which adds an "update" is steam, but the steam version isn't modder friendly (because SoD is delivered in a zip file... :D)
    Ulb

Hmm, that's hard, but also if you want to download SoD on Beamdog, you'll have to download BG:EE again, the only platform which adds an "update" is steam, but the steam version isn't modder friendly (because SoD is delivered in a zip file... :D)

So the Beamdog version works the same way?

I'm thinking about refunding on GOG and buying BGEE + SOD on Beamdog if that means that future patches would indeed only be patches as opposed to full re-downloads on GOG but if Beamdog works the same way, there is no reason to switch I guess.
    Hmm, I think BD only treats the newly SoD release like that... ;)

But I have to say, that the GoG Release is currently the best, I didn't get the Soundtrack anywhere else to download... ;) (And I ordered the CE... :D)
    Ulb
    edited April 2016
    Ya well, nevermind that refund thing.. I just bought IWD EE for €0.69 on GOG.. that's worth some extra downloading. :)