Skip to content

2.0 without Siege of Dragonspear: wasting my time?

Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
Hi everyone,

I've purchased both BG 1 EE and Siege of Dragonspear. I've got BG installed, but my GOG SOD download keeps failing. My question is this: I want to play the game until I can find a way to install SOD, but will I be throwing away my time? That is, will all the playing I do in BG1 2.0 without SOD installed sitll export over to SOD? If I install SOD during this BG 2.0 game, will I get all the SOD stuff that should appear in BG 1 (if any?). Or should I wait until I can install SOD that I don't miss anything in my first BG 2.0 playthrough?

Thank you!

P.S. Beamdog, I'm not sure that GOG has the right Siege of Dragonspear file. On the download link it reads that it will be a 1.7gb file, but when I go to download it, it shows as a 1.54 gb file, which always fails me after downloading all 1.54 gb. I posted this on GOG, but I thought you guys/gals should know too.

Thanks again :)

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited April 2016
    @Kiwi_Lifter So to answer your first question: Nothing is lost and nothing will go wrong (or shouldn't :) )

Anything played via 2.0 will absolutely import into 2.0 when you manage to get SoD Downloaded and installed. There's nothing you're going to lose by playing BG1 now while waiting for SoD later.

To be specific:
    * If I install SOD during this BG 2.0 game, will I get all the SOD stuff that should appear in BG 1 (if any?).
    --> There is no content from SoD that installs into the BG:EE Game. BG:EE remains completely untouched with the installation of SoD. See the Mod information below however.

* Or should I wait until I can install SOD that I don't miss anything in my first BG 2.0 playthrough?
    --> There's no need to wait. Enjoy 2.0 BG:EE and let SoD Come as it can.

That said, do be careful with Mod installations for BG1. Some of those are creating issues for some SoD Functionality. Our recommendation at this point is to play BG1/SoD without mods installed or be ready to diagnose issues.
  • Kiwi_LifterKiwi_Lifter Member Posts: 24
    Thanks you very much for the quick reply, Illydth. That's great customer support and much appreciated. I'll fire up a game now! :)