Skip to content

Whenever I attempt to save, my game crashes.

Hi since the download of SoD I have ran into a game breaking bug, this bug is only occurring in Baldurs Gate EE not SoD in SoD I can save just fine. In Baldurs Gate EE campaign however, every time I attempt to save the game crashes. I can still load up my games but can no longer save. Does anyone know a workaround of have some advice? thanks

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Saving games is part of the standard smoke test we in QA run before any game release...it's UNLIKELY (note I didn't say impossible) for it to be the save functionality within BG:EE that's the culpret.

Some standard questions.

* Are your game files modified in any way (any changes to any game files or additional game files other than what Beamdog has released to you? - i.e. Do you have any mods installed? Note any mods that were installed in your BG:EE Directory from a long time ago may still exist.)
    * Have you rebooted your computer?
    * Have you started a brand new game (creating a character from scratch, no import) and attempted to save that game? Does it still crash?
    * Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the game, making sure all content in the game directory has been removed?
    * Have you tried starting with a non-existing baldur.lua file in your documents/bgee directory? To do this, move your current Baldur.lua file to another file name with the game off and start the game back up.
    * When you talk about a game crash: Is a crash dump being produced? It will be in your "Documents"/"Infinity Engine" directory.
    * What OS and distribution platform (Steam, Beamdog, GoG)?
  • MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    I had that same problem in 2.0 beta. What I tracked it down to was some old save. When I had that save file in my save folder saving in BGEE crashed the game. Try moving all your saves to another folder not in the bgee folder and see if you can save in BGEE (if you did the former step correctly you shouldn't see any of your old games in-game) again. If that fixes the problem then it your old saves are causing the issue.