Skip to content

Overwriting the SoD characters

SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
I've always been annoyed by the pre-generated characters that ship with the game since they can't be deleted, but at least they can be "overwritten" by exporting characters with the same filename (01FIGHT, 02THIEF, 03MAGE etc.). This no longer seems to be the case with SoD however, the old cast is back. I assume it's just a case of "overwriting" with their new filenames but... what are their new filenames?

Comments

• AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    That's what I see with NI. I don't think there's any other file to be found.

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited April 2016
    @Abel those are the pregen characters you can import. You'd want to search under CREs. That said you can search through cre files in near infinity for NPCs with a given name. The ones with BD as a prefix (like bdimoen.cre) are for SoD.

(Imoen might not be exactly bdimoen it's just an example)
    Post edited by elminster on
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    edited April 2016
    @elminster Wasn't Silverstar talking about pre-generated characters?
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    @Abel Yea apparently I'm dumb and can't read...this is what I get for answering stuff on my phone. You are correct. Just ignore me :)
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    The 11-19 characters are the ones that show up on SoD's list, so I got exactly what I was looking for. Mucho thanks Abel for the input and elminster for the interest :)