Skip to content

Unable to load old saved game on Sword Coast to import character on Dragonspear.

OK this might be a bit complicated so appreciate the patience of anyone that can help.

Basically, on a different PC a year or so ago I did a play through of Sword Coast. That PC is now dead but I had the 'final save' on a USB stick. I now want to use that save file by moving it into the Sword Coast I downloaded on this PC yesterday by moving it into the save folder. So that I can then export the character and import on Dragonspear.

However, when I open Sword Coast on this PC and try and load that old save file it won't work. I'm guessing this might be because the save file is a very old patch and the Sword Coast I have on this PC is much more recent as I only downloaded it yesterday.

Is there anyway I will be able to get the character on that old save file and use the character for Dragonspear.

Appreciate any help in advance guys.

Comments

• DraconusDraconus Member Posts: 24
    BUMP

Anyone that can help? I really don't want to start a new character for Dragonspear. There must be some way of making this save file compatible. Any help appreciated.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    If the "Sword coast" game you're mentionning is this original Baldur's Gate + Tales of the Sword Coast expansion game from 1998/1999, not the Enhanced Edition, then your save game is not compatible with Enhanced Edition games.
    The original Baldur's Gate II from 2000 is able to import a character from such save game though. So if you own this games, you could import your main character from your save game, then export it from BGII. That newly exported character should work with BGEE and Siege of Dragonspear.
    If you can't do it yourself, zip your save game (the whole directory) and attach the zip file to your post and I'll convert the main character for you.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited April 2016
    As said, make sure you're saves are actually from BGEE.

However, I did have a similar problem with saved games made prior to June 2013 (presumably this is prior to a patch). I was able to resolve it by loading the save game into BGEE 1.3, which I happened to still have installed, and creating a new save.
    Post edited by Fardragon on