Skip to content

Confused

So I am in the process of downloading SoD, but I had a question (not related to the slow downloads).

I bought the Collectors edition and I have 2 entries on my Beamdog launcher & account (I had previously bought the expansion only first then changed my mind later and got the collectors). The entry that says Collectors edition is 58 B and says pre-load complete, but wont allow me to do anything more with it. The other entry is just the regular SoD and that appears to be the game iteslef, currently downloading.

Why is there a small pre-load entry for SoD Collectors edition? Its so small, so I don't think it is the soundtracks - speaking of which, where do I download those? It said I was supposed to be able to get them on the Beamdog launcher.

One other thing - the original BG:EE was patching up to 2.0, but was interrupted by SoD. As I understand SoD has the base game and expansion, but the BG:EE entry is still sitting in my queue - do I still need to download the base BG:EE? If not will it always be in my queue like that?

This post is kinda confusing (sorry!), but that is because I am confused too while I wait for it to load. I did however get my steam key thankfully.

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I'm pretty sure you don't have to download the patch for regular BG:EE, so just put that on hold. When you've got SoD up and running you can even uninstall BG:EE entirely. I wouldn't recommend doing that yet though seeing as it's no sure bet you'll be playing SoD anytime soon. And while you can run the base game in SoD, it doesn't currently have a pre-generate character button and the UI has different aestethics, in case either of those things matter.
  • FeeroperFeeroper Member Posts: 7
    Has anyone been able to access their collectors edition content (the soundtracks) yet?
  • ChippyChippy Member Posts: 241
    edited April 2016
    @Feeroper

Did you find out what the Collectors edition tab is for yet? Mine is stuck at downloading limbo. I've finished downloading (SOD), have yet to look at things properly, but can't find anything in the install folder labelled collectors edition music (there's just the music folder containing acm files).

Beamdog might have been better served by putting up an install FAQ here - someone told me that I needed to install BG:EE first, then SOD, but it turns out I just need SOD and EE / Blackpits is already installed. Could have potentially wasted a weekend/2-3 days downloading EE for nothing.