Skip to content

So, what should I do to get Siege of Dragonspear alone?

I already own 3 different copies of BG:EE and one more looks a bit excessive to me. Yet, I can not get expansion alone it comes together with the main game. And when I try to remove BG:EE from the cart both - the game and the expansion get removed.

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    By the sound of it sounds like you are trying to buy it from the Beamdog store, if you also purchased BGEE from there you can use this link to buy SoD. https://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-siege-of-dragonspear Note that you probably need to logged in.

If you didn't purchase BGEE from the Beamdog store your only option is to buy SoD from the same store you bought BGEE from.
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    Thank you for answer, but the link you provided leads me exactly to that - double bundle: BG:EE+SoD. Without the option to buy only SoD.
    Well, since one of the own copies is from GOG, guess, I will try there too.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    edited April 2016
    SoD is not available on GOG yet (https://www.gog.com/game/baldurs_gate_siege_of_dragonspear?pp=cb4e5208b4cd87268b208e49452ed6e89a68e0b8 is on 'Coming Soon' which according to a blue post in an other topic should be today or shortly thereafter) so at this moment either through Beamdog or Steam are your two options.
    Hope GOG will manage to sell a separate copy of SoD.
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Of course. The only reason I can think of why you are getting both SoD and BG:EE in your cart (on the Beamdog site I presume?) is because you are not logged in and thus the site is not registering that you already own a copy of SoD. For me it shows SoD only when I am logged in.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    If you want to buy SoD as a stand-alone product, you must purchase it from the company where you purchased BG:EE - so that will have to be GoG (when it becomes available).
    It makes no sense - a DRM-free DLC is supposed to work with any variation of the main game, is not it? I'll wait for GOG but see no reason why I am not supposed to buy SoD-only.
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Mirandel said:

It makes no sense - a DRM-free DLC is supposed to work with any variation of the main game, is not it?

I agree but don't try to argue about it. It seems this line of thinking doesn't have many followers here. :pensive:

Anyway, since SoD should be available on GOG soonish, all is good and well. :)

• RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    Hi there. I was wondering how can I get SoD if I've got BGEE box edition only and I didn't purchase any digital copy. I couldn't find anything inside the box that would allow me to register the game online, am I missing something or are they trying to force me to buy digital copy of the game ( that actually would be the third time I buy BG .....)
  • UlbUlb Member Posts: 295
    Ramiell said:

Hi there. I was wondering how can I get SoD if I've got BGEE box edition only and I didn't purchase any digital copy. I couldn't find anything inside the box that would allow me to register the game online, am I missing something or are they trying to force me to buy digital copy of the game ( that actually would be the third time I buy BG .....)

AFAK you'll have to buy a digital version, otherwise no SoD for you.

On the upside the Beamdog version is down to $5 I think.
  • Sylvus_MoonbowSylvus_Moonbow Member Posts: 1,085
    Mirandel said:

It makes no sense - a DRM-free DLC is supposed to work with any variation of the main game, is not it? I'll wait for GOG but see no reason why I am not supposed to buy SoD-only.

GOG version is now available for purchase, so you may begin your adventure for fortune and fame, brave warrior @Mirandel!
  • RamiellRamiell Member Posts: 58
    thank you and have a nice day
    edited April 2016
    Just to finish it - information from GOG: Please note that you are required to own Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition on GOG.com to be able to purchase and play Baldur's Gate: Siege of Dragonspear