Skip to content

New Viconia portrait override

Hi guys!

Please, could any of you tell me what is the name of the new portrait of viconia so I can override it with one of my own? It is not "viconiaL" anymore... :(

Please, help!

Comments

• sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    I believe it now pulls from the portraits folder rather than override. So place your custom ViconiaL portrait in the portraits folder. I can verify that it definitely still is ViconiaL, because I have her using a custom one right now (located in portraits). Also, don't think there is a S size used anymore, only L and M.
  • ShytilacShytilac Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the reply!

However, are you sure? I try to put the portraits in the portraits folder of BGEE (the one in my documents) and nothing... I also try to create a new portrait folder in the SOD game installation but doesnt work...

I continue thinking that the problem is the name. Overall, because ALL the other npc portraits that I put in the override folder are working well as usual, the only that not work is Viconia`s.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Shytilac
    Viconia's new SoD portraits are named bdviconl, bdviconm and bdvicons.
    On a similar note, Imoen's new SoD portraits are named bdimoenl, bdimoenm and bdimoens.

For those who would like to replace the original portraits with those of SoD:
    They can be found inside the SoDBMP.bif file and extracted with WinBiff or similar programs.
  • ShytilacShytilac Member Posts: 6
    Thanks for the answer! You make my day! :)
  • NightDashNightDash Member Posts: 18
    @Kamigoroshi
    Thanks, I was able to swap it out with your instructions. The original portrait always looked out of place. It's so great to have it fixed.
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    That's...weird. My Imoen had the new portraits, but my Viconia had the original BG portrait. Which presumably is why the old file names worked for her? I don't know how to explain that one, but I'm definitely using custom portraits for her currently in my party with old file names so...dunno.
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    Can someone tell the file names of the new NPC portraits while we are at it?
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Nihilus said:

Can someone tell the file names of the new NPC portraits while we are at it?

Siege of Dragonspear has it own folder. You will need winbiff or ee keeper to extract them.

Heres the link to EE Keeper
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/16497/ee-keeper-updated-to-v1-0-3/p1
  • NihilusNihilus Member Posts: 192
    I don't want to extract them though; I would like to override them with artastrophe's alternate portraits for the sake of style unity.
  • VasculioVasculio Member Posts: 469
    Nihilus said:

I don't want to extract them though; I would like to override them with artastrophe's alternate portraits for the sake of style unity.

BDVICONL.bmp

BDVICONM.bmp
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Wonder why they changed the file names from the other games.
  • illathidillathid Member Posts: 320
    Vasculio said:

Nihilus said:

BDVICONL.bmp

BDVICONM.bmp
    You know that doesn't answer his question right? He asking for the names of the portraits for Corwin, Glint, etc.