Skip to content

Memorizing Spells

ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
I had a chance to play around a little bit with the new patch 2.0. While there certainly are a lot of things that need to be ironed out, I see great potential in this new version.

One thing I found annoying in particular, was having to click a spell in the spell book, and then click memorize. I get that with the new format, just left-clicking on a spell to memorize won't work anymore, but I found having to click the memorize button every time to be extremely bothersome.

So I propose, that double clicking a spell should make it go in the memorization queue..

What do you people think?

Comments

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    If you click the spell's icon, that will memorize it immediately.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    Ahh awesome @Dee. I was wondering if I might have missed something obvious. Thanks for correcting me! :)
  • GoggurGoggur Member Posts: 5
    This comment might be appropriate here, I find it very strange that memorized spells are now ordered alphabetically, not in the order you picked them. Does this mean spell losses due to level draining affect spells lower in the alphabetical order or does this system take memorization ordering into consideration? My casters haven't been level drained yet, so I can't say.
  • GoggurGoggur Member Posts: 5

Goggur said:

This comment might be appropriate here, I find it very strange that memorized spells are now ordered alphabetically, not in the order you picked them. Does this mean spell losses due to level draining affect spells lower in the alphabetical order or does this system take memorization ordering into consideration? My casters haven't been level drained yet, so I can't say.

Extremely good question. And how does Wondrous Recall work now? It used to restore the left-most spells at a given level... what does that mean now?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    I just ventured into Bohdi's lair and Edwina just so happened to grace my party with her presence (I can tolerate only so much!). I did a little experiment, erased all her spells and memorized new spells in reverse alphabetical order. She got hit by a vampire, got level drained and spells forgotten were last in the alphabetical order, so memorization ordering seems to have been rendered meaningless. This seems to be a stupid change, so surely it must be unintended.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.