Skip to content

[Minor Spoilers] So did anyone else notice all of the Icewind Dale 2 assets?

I know it's probably way too early to speculate, but while gaming in an MP session with a friend of mine, I noticed a good deal of assets from Icewind Dale 2 being used in Siege of Dragonspear, leading my little, curious mind, to speculate that maybe, just maybe, that means that the second game in the Dalewind Ice series might be at the very least, on Beamdog's radar!

The first two substantial assets that come to mind for me would be:

The Worg Rider Goblin enemy, which detaches from the Worg and becomes a separate unit when enough damage is sustained. I always loved this sprite!

There is a LOT of background noise/ambiance taken from the Targos palisade area in IWD2, used particularly for the Crusader Camp at Boarskyr Bridge and the Coalition Camp before the actual siege of Dragonspear. I kept anxiously awaiting the blowing of that war horn in the distance thanks to all of the familiar ambiance but alas, have yet to come across it :)

There are others two but those are the only ones I can remember off the top of my head.

So what do the rest of you think? :) Might just be wishful thinking on my part, but a guy can dream!

Comments

• InsultionInsultion Member Posts: 179
    I noticed the Goblin Shaman sprite in use as well, but don't get my hopes up... I don't even think they will keep it 3rd edition if they DO make it, and that makes me a sad panda child of Bhaal.
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    edited April 2016
    Icewind Dale? I thought I saw some Planescape: Torment assets - I'm talking about all those
    denizens of Avernus at the end of the game, like nupperibos and other devils.
  • VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    Insultion said:

I noticed the Goblin Shaman sprite in use as well, but don't get my hopes up... I don't even think they will keep it 3rd edition if they DO make it, and that makes me a sad panda child of Bhaal.

I concur, but we can both dream together :)
    Aramintai said:

Icewind Dale? I thought I saw some Planescape: Torment assets - I'm talking about all those

denizens of Avernus at the end of the game, like nupperibos and other devils.
    Ooooh, I will have to be on the lookout for these, nice find! :)