Skip to content

Auto casting spells.

Playing as a sorcerer, and it keeps casting spells on it's own. like, a fight starts and it casts mirror image. I have no clue what is doing it or how to turn it of.

it did the same thing on my barb, just casting rage immediately after a fight starts. it might not sound so bad, but I would rather have full control.

Comments

• solifugaesolifugae Member Posts: 5
    You'll have to go into Customize on your character page and check the Scripts tab. SoD seems to have added a bunch of settings in there and it's probably defaulted to something that just uses all abilities as the AI sees fit.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    The default script is 'advanced' for everyone in the party. Including your pc. Enter customise and scripts, and put either none or standart attack script. With no script the character does nothing unless you tell him to do so. With the most basic, auto attack script you at least get to attack once you see enemies. Advanced script makes use of defensive spells like stoneskin/mirror image when he can, even if you don't want to do so.
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    thx for the quick responses!

this has been a thorn in my side
  • ThunderThunder Member Posts: 157
    You can disable party AI altogether by ticking off the lantern icon in the bottom right.

While you're at it, also check out the new Reveal Details option above it :D
  • DhariusDharius Member Posts: 654
    Autocasting of spells shouldn't be the default - it never was in the past, and it seems a bit "dumbed down" to me. Sorry :( Most people won't know how to turn it off either, without reading this post, and that's not good