Skip to content

[SPOILER] Help needed in 1st camp please

Got a few issues in the first camp I could do with some help with please.

1. How do I keep Viconia in the party? as after refusing some reward money she buggered off with her equipment, so my party is Clericless (I went through BG:EE with Yeslick and Branwen - both of whom are no longer available).

Ancient Menhirs
Completed it, but can't find the barrow for the quest reward

Halfling Treasures
Where is the Shield?

Cheers

Comments

• rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    You must be new to BG. Viconia is evil. Evil NPC's will not stay in a good party if you let your rep get too high. You can micromanage reputation by doing some occasional eeevil things, such as murdering some innocent bystander. There's also a mod available called the BG Tweak pack with many optional components, including one to prevent NPC's from getting their collective knickers in a knot over reputation. But two caveats, (1. Mod compatibility with SOD is still experimental, here be monsters. 2. I haven't played through long enough, but Viconia seems to have some reputation scripted dialogue, and an associated timer variable. She might quit anyway.)

All of that being said, if you are at the first camp, there's a both a cleric, and a nearby shaman, ready to join your party, who will fill the role vacated by Viconia nicely.

• boojiesdadboojiesdad Member Posts: 11
    I saved the helm of opposite alignment from BGEE for just such a situation. Now she behaves herself.
  • rashkaerashkae Member Posts: 179
    Fun Bug: If Viconia is wearing the helm when you transition (ie: Kill Seravok), the effect will become permanent after the first time the game saves. The Helm will 'reverse' again to Evil, but you can remove curse it, and Viconia will be a natural Neutral Good Aligment thereafter. Sadly, there is no attempt whatsoever to check for this kind of situation in the dialogue trees / scripts.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @rashkae *cough*

*QA Tester looks at new bug report.*
    *Rubs hands together*
    *Decides this looks ripe for reporting.*

:)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @ShaunIOW

Ancient Menhirs

If Menhirs is the one I remember, I think it's close to the cave with the Lich, I could be incorrect, but I seem to remember the reward/quest close being down there somewhere.

Halfling Treasures

You're going to have to remind me how you got this quest and where. If you're talking about the dude in front of the burnt out Inn you might find the shield in a previously inaccessible chest that is south of the back side of the Inn. If that's not it, hit another zone, there's a subquest that gives you another part of the Halfling's stuff.