Skip to content

A few potential modding requests?

Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
I posted this in the main SoD forum, but I thought I'd leave it here as well.

First and foremost, I don't really mind the new UI that much at all. I think the artistic design is really neat and fits Baldur's Gate very well. As far as the placement of things go, I think it looks alright and it'll just be a matter of getting used to it. However, there are a few things that are making actually *playing* the game rather challenging for me.

1. http://i.imgur.com/oCQ0IIr.jpg The movement markers are freaking huge. I find it extra challenging to strategically place my characters in such a condensed area like the opening dungeon. Especially since of some of the first few fights start behind a single open door. If I could make the markers smaller, that would be a big help.

2. Audio cues; whenever I click on anything in the bottom bar or the arrows in the text box, I'm used to hearing a click of sorts. This might seem minor, but really, I'm having a hard time knowing I actually clicked on something. More audio cues PLEASE. This isn't just a BG thing; it's something that I think every game needs to make use of.

3. Text bar scrolling; I miss being able to move the text bar in segments by clicking. Right now, the scroll speed is way too fast and I have a hard time pinpointing something that I saw earlier but missed.

Help?

Other than that, I like what I see.

Oh, yeah. Is it also possible to stop this transition on the inventory screen? http://i.imgur.com/xJTtFUR.jpg

It's kind of jarring and that information is already there anyways. This just felt unnecessary.

Comments

• lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Like, just outright delete the entire line?

And in which document? I don't see your typical baldur.ini file. Is there one dedicated for the UI?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    edited November 2019
    Post edited by lefreut on