Skip to content

[BUG?] Duncan missing (spoilers potentially)

sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
So when I loaded Troll Cloak Woods, it appears I missing the Duncan character in charge of the Flaming Fist? At least I cannot seem to find him anywhere, and I am at the part where I am ready to lead the Bridgefort defenders in a counterattack, and there seems to be a prompt to let the Flaming Fist know, presumably so we can launch a dual pronged attack, only there is no one at the Flaming Fist to notify. Any chance I can spawn him via console? I also seem to be missing the goblin character who I sent to the camp, but I don't care about them.

Edit: So I reloaded the earliest save I have which is the chapter start - Duncan appears for the event with Skie, then walks away and vanishes, and never seems to reappear thereafter.

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

This is not a bug, Duncan is intended to walk off and leave the camp.

The person you're looking for is Lieutenant Otilda (Assuming Corwin is in your party). She should allow you to trigger the Flaming fist being marked as ready to assist you.

If Corwin is NOT in your party, she is the one that will trigger this scenario.
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    Illydth said:

This is not a bug, Duncan is intended to walk off and leave the camp.

The person you're looking for is Lieutenant Otilda (Assuming Corwin is in your party). She should allow you to trigger the Flaming fist being marked as ready to assist you.

If Corwin is NOT in your party, she is the one that will trigger this scenario.
    Corwin IS in my party, and Lieutenant Otilda only provides two dialogue options, where he asks me what did I see out there, and one of which says nothing, and the other of which says "So many things..." to which his follow up is that if I learn anything of use, I should let Duncan know. Removing Corwin from the party does not help, as she has an option for the flaming fist to attack as soon as possible, but she tells me to secure the aid of the Bridgefortians first (which I've already done). I was able to solve the issue however, by cycling through Khalid's dialogue options. I had already told him I wanted to attack and was going to coordinate with the flaming fist, and reselecting that option did nothing. I had to use the option that I had changed my mind and wanted to surrender, then I told him that I had more to do with negotiations, so hold on, then I came back and told him I changed my mind again and wanted to attack, and that I was going to alert the flaming fist. That then set whatever flag necessary for either Corwin or Otilda to recognize the option. There's clearly a flaw somewhere in the dialogue flag setting that allowed that to happen, but figuring out where is going to be a PITA given the Bridgeport scenario is pretty involved.

• zupskyzupsky Member Posts: 126
    I have the same issue, something is clearly wrong with the flags.
  • FinniganFinnigan Member Posts: 10
    I'm experiencing the same problem.
  • ToronadoToronado Member Posts: 4
    I seem to have the same problem as I also can't figure out how to alert the Flaming Fist. Looks like I won't be able to proceed any further into the story until this is fixed.
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    After getting into thefort and telling them i will come with the flaming ifsts i cant find Duncan to launch the attack, i am missing somehting?
  • Diogenes42Diogenes42 Member Posts: 597
    He went to get donuts.
    I will try to get Corwin into the group again to see if that fixes things, but this seems to be a major bug, wich makes keeping on with the story impossible. What do others did? Because some people have ended the game. What did they do?
    So, Corwin made no odifference. I have lloked at the journal to see what might happen and see that hte defenders of bringstone (or whatever the fort is called) quest still thinks I have to talk to the mage. I did it and completed the quest regarding the siege. So perhpas the problme is the game wont recognize i have completed that quest.

Besides, I still have the quest to lower the drawnbridge. I took it from one guy in the crusaders camp thinking about getting their confidence that way and making theminto the fort while we prepared an ambush there. Perhaps that broke things. Now i cant complete that quest. I have tried many things, but nothing makes the story go forward.

It seems to be a game breaking bug. Help ¡
  • sffrrromsffrrrom Member Posts: 60
    Did anyone try what I did? "Resetting" Khalid by changing to negotiation, but then telling him to wait on that, coming back, and then going back to attacking but telling him you needed to alert the Flaming Fist? That is what solved it for me.
  • TemplarTemplar Member Posts: 21
    sffrrrom said:

Did anyone try what I did? "Resetting" Khalid by changing to negotiation, but then telling him to wait on that, coming back, and then going back to attacking but telling him you needed to alert the Flaming Fist? That is what solved it for me.

This worked for me :)
    Thanks!
  • Ghost322Ghost322 Member Posts: 7
    Tried resetting Khalid but still no Duncan
  • BalladBallad Member Posts: 205
    edited April 2016
    I'm experiencing the same issue. "Resetting" Khalid does circumvent the problem, but I think it should still be considered a bug and fixed in an upcoming patch. The conversation flags are definitely not working as intended.

@Ghost322 : Once you manage to reset the flags, you can talk to Lt. Othilda and bring up attacking in the conversation. Duncan does not play any part in the picture (which is also misleading because Othilda actually tells you to talk to him once you make up your mind!).
  • Ghost322Ghost322 Member Posts: 7
    OK, I reset and went back to talk to Lt Othilda and now can progress. Thanks @Ballad
  • BeyondmagicBeyondmagic Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2016
    I tried to reset with Khalid but no use. Instead i just engaged with the negotiations(after you start them, enemy approaches the keep and dialogue starts.), told their leader that THEY should surrender and engaged in combat. After killing the enemy i was able to continue with the story.
    Post edited by Beyondmagic on