Skip to content

Question: Is it possible to add a dragon to BG1?

EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
edited April 2016 in BG:EE Mods
Hi, I don't have serious modding abilities, but I've edited some things. Added some items and creatures to BG:EE, but now I want to try something different: add a creature from BG2:EE to BG:EE, a DRAGON.

I copied the contents of the override and data folders from BG2 (without overwriting anything). I then opened nearinfinity and replaced the first Elminster with the dragon. When I enter the area, which I had not previously entered it, (otherwise it wouldn't work, in my experience) the old man is gone, and instead there is a big circle (like a dragon) but there is no sprite. I proceed to fight him with my high level characters. He almost rips me apart (like a dragon should). Instead of making dragons noises, he says, with a female voice "it'll be the darkest day you'll ever see before I don't have what you need", like the thief vendor in BG's entrance. I kill him and he gives me 22000 xp, like he should. He's sort of magic resistant, like he should.

I think the only problems are the missing sprite/animations, voice, and maybe the script (for the wing flap, dragon roar and such).

Any ideas? Thanks.
Post edited by EggHuevo on

Comments

• EggHuevoEggHuevo Member Posts: 69
    Yeah, he doesn't do anything other than attack.

I noted that when I attack him, he screams in agony like a dragon. Otherwise he has the soundset of that thief.

Also noted that when he follows me around, my pc (a very good one) slows down a bit. Like the pathfinding is off.
  • AbelAbel Member Posts: 785
    If you look at the cre file for BG2 in NI, you'll see there are several other files linked to it (scripts notably but also animations). So, my guess is that you only exported the cre files and not the other ones.
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Spoilers ? There are now dragons in SoD so maybe you can copy directly from that via Near Infinity, the scripts are already available though maybe not exactly how you want them.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    maybe try using EE keeper as well, I made a team where my characters were jon irenicus, Bodhi, the slayer, a demon knight, female drow, and a planetar and they all had proper attack animations, and if im not mistaken, even the slayer made his attack sounds
    @Abel I'm gonna check it out, but as I said, I copied the entire override and data folders (but I didn't overwrite any existing files, maybe that's the issue; I was afraid it would mess things up). I just wish there was some way of combining both game files like they did in BG Trilogy or even BG Tutu.

@GrimLefourbe Is SoD out yet?!

@sarevok57 I'll give it a try. :)

Thanks guys!
    sarevok57
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    Damn, where have you been the last few days, it was released the 31st. You just need to buy it on the same platform you bought the game from.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    You did everything well. The only thing left is to add the MDR.bams into your files. That's the animation itself. You can extract it from bg2

Damn, where have you been the last few days, it was released the 31st. You just need to buy it on the same platform you bought the game from.

Hoooooly. Downloading right now!

You did everything well. The only thing left is to add the MDR.bams into your files. That's the animation itself. You can extract it from bg2

I'll try it after I play SoD like 300 times xD