Skip to content

[Spoiler] Quest: Dwarves of Dumathoin

SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
I'm curious about the item of 'great power' that the lich doles out after bringing him the 5 Amulets of the Keeper of Secrets Under the Mountain. However, I can only seem to find 4 of them. I picked one up from a loot pile somewhere in the dungeon and I don't remember exactly where; upon slaughtering the dwarves, I only get 3 additional amulets. I've fully explored the dungeon and I don't see what I'm overlooking. Can anyone help me out on this one? Also, if anyone just wants to tell me what the item of great power is, go ahead and throw it out there, I'll probably move on and hit the evil ending next time around.

Comments

• SmaugSmaug Member Posts: 216
    I don't remember if bumping is allowed or not. Just bumping to hopefully get an answer to this one. I've reloaded a few times and can't figure out what I'm missing.
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    There should be a second amulet on the ground, I believe. I'm not exactly sure where (sorry bout that). All 5 should be in the initial area.
    Well that's something at least then, I know I've missed one on the ground. Thanks!
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

The "item of great power" is a War Hammer +2 doing extra damage (I think) to goodly clerics and I think it has some cold elemental damage to it.

Also, there's at least one bug report publicly open right now about the final conversation with the end guy not leading to the item, even though it's clear he's supposed to give it to you.

As to where the amulets are, I am not sure, I've actually never completed the quest this way. :)
  • InconnuInconnu Member Posts: 99
    edited April 2016
    Illydth said:

The "item of great power" is a War Hammer +2 doing extra damage (I think) to goodly clerics and I think it has some cold elemental damage to it.

Also, there's at least one bug report publicly open right now about the final conversation with the end guy not leading to the item, even though it's clear he's supposed to give it to you.

As to where the amulets are, I am not sure, I've actually never completed the quest this way. :)
    About that bug, I forgot to mention it last time in my thread (I did in the public report), but the bug only seems to occur if Edwin interjects. I'm guessing this was supposed to be the way to get both rewards. If you don't have him the party, you'll get the item just fine, Coldhearth just won't offer to help also.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    so long as you have it in the public report, we're good. That means it'll get fixed properly.
    Thanks for the help everybody!