Skip to content

Worn items of party members not in SoD?

What happens to this equipment?

Kivan and Ajantis was in my party on the final save for BG:EE. I've been unable to find either thus far, yet none of the equipment in which they wore, are in the chest. The inventory is, but the gear they wore, is not.

I'm so doing my best to RP my character, but the rage of having coin taken away, item loss is making me angry as a player. Everything I spent hours on building has been taken away from me, and I stepped out of my RP and murdered those annoying refugee's spending my COIN drinking!

Safana... I just explored the Catacombs with you. Why don't you know me when I recruit you at the inn?

My party on defeating Sarevok -

Ajantis
Jaheira
Imoen
Kivan
Dynaheir

I had already stripped Imoen before the final save to retain everything she was wearing, so I could give it to Safana. This was done out of character because I did not want to end up NOT having what I worked so hard to have and restarted the game.

Do I now have to do the same to Ajantis and Kivan and start over?

GAH!

Comments

• StonekingStoneking Member Posts: 39
    I have this problem too, I lost a lot of powerful gear from Ajantis, Khalid, Viconia and Jaheira.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641

There's an argument to be made that if you give your friend a Christmas present, he's not really expected to give it back to you when he moves out of the neighborhood.

Ajantis has been wearing whatever that armor is and using that sword for a long while my friend, why, all of a sudden, would you feel he doesn't need it anymore? Even if he's not adventuring with you, he's not kicking back in some inn swilling beer. :)

That said, the general rule is: Anything in a character's inventory will move to you, anything worn by the character is considered that character's and goes with the character when they leave.

If you meet them later, they'll still be wearing it. If you don't, however...
  • StonekingStoneking Member Posts: 39
    Hrm. I met Viconia again though and she just had default non-magical items. I hope Jahiera has her old gear when I find her.
  • craymond727craymond727 Member Posts: 208
    Does that mean we get our stuff back when we whack Ajantis in the Windspear Hills?
  • GrimLefourbeGrimLefourbe Member Posts: 637
    You should yep but that's probably more appropriate for a EET mod.