Skip to content

Cult of eyeless problem

Ehhh... man I miss this game but enough preamble....

Picked up the cult of eyeless quest awhile back and finally got around to doing it.

My problem is I reached the part where you talk to gaal just before the main fight. Somehow I tripped agro on the first attempt then got slaughtered by the ability dhal the beholder casts... (didn't help haer kept running in despite being passive scripted) so I reloaded and figured what the hey, let's load up and kill gaal and the 2 guards. (Pause after enter and force attack)

Party was myself (cleric mage multi) Edwin minsc haer Yoshi and keld.

Had keld yoshi haer and minsc pop gaal. Edwin and myself each take a guard with spells. Since I know the beholder was beyond the arch I had my main summon undead so the beholder would waste the spells on it while the group was safe.

Unfortunately.... (or fortunately) we won. Except I missed the side quest for gaal and now upon returning to the temple of talos it's not letting me complete. Nor in the beholder lair is it letting me go down a level. The stairs at bottom left just blank out.party gathers but can't go down....so I can't complete the quest. (And I must have missed the quest to build the rod somehow)

I really don't want to start the game over and no I don't want to bypass the quest by just walking away.

Any ideas? Side note. Mobile Droid.

Comments

• AewyrvenAewyrven Member Posts: 228
    edited March 2016
    Edit: can't reload save game. I quick and main saved after beating the beholder and the auto save wiped it's previous as soon as I went topside.

I have went back but there is no beholder eyestalk or anything.

I really do not want to restart the game. I got super lucky with char creation on a 95 point roll so my cleric mage is 18 on everything with 5 cha.... and import restart after hours of playing through half the quests to godmode it at his level is... distasteful...he's godmode enough with his current stats... even if he is neutral evil and I'm playing him that way.
    Post edited by Aewyrven on
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    So you killed the Eye, but the quest isn't registering as finished? That sounds like a bug to me. I bet there's a game variable you can edit to set the quest to completed, but I don't know what variable it is. However, if you can upload your save, I bet I (or one of the other forumites who knows the variable off hand) could try and fix it for you.
    edited March 2016
    Jarrakul wrote: »
    So you killed the Eye, but the quest isn't registering as finished? That sounds like a bug to me. I bet there's a game variable you can edit to set the quest to completed, but I don't know what variable it is. However, if you can upload your save, I bet I (or one of the other forumites who knows the variable off hand) could try and fix it for you.

Gas chamber fight - save. Halfway walk in. Talk to gaal. Made him mad rping arrogant evil. Died a few times.(beholder wilting somehow triggered, didn't help haer kept running at it despite being set as passive script to keep his bard song on) Reset the fight each time. Finally walked close enough to show gaal. Quic saved. Buffed up. Sent minsc keld yoshi and haer at gaal. (Force attack and did the "I dont have time for you die dialogue")Had my main and Edwin run in to corner then missile and other spell down his two guards. Third guard spawns moaning about killing gaal. He dies.

Fights over. Quick save. Summon skeleton through the line of sight entrance to deal with the beholder unseeing eye spells. Skeleton somehow magic resists it all. Once he's out of spells move the party in wreck the eye move around the circle area. Most of the guys disappear rather than die. There is no drop off the beholder. Try going down in the bottom left chasm group just sits there.

Go back up topside to report to talos temple. (Nukes autosave) Get given talos stronghold painter quest. Non completion on eyeless. Go back down. Just minor things. On phone so I can't clua console to respawn gaal or the beholder for items/quests that I know of....

I really don't want to restart... I've done a ton of progress through chapter 1.... and I'm trying to complete almost everything before I give gold to continue to chap 2. (Bohdi or galen )... I also don't want to walk away from the quest...those kind of things... bug me...

Edit: So yeah... I have no save point I can reload from... and after go ogling and some fuzz memory you can get a rod that kills the beholder mostly but no items or quest has ever popped up... probably need gaal to even start it but he's kinda dead....

Moral I guess is play goodie goodie and don't force attack things heh...

Any thoughts?
    ov21pq0mijso.png

Put the skeleton where it's showing the "move to" point. So it's not exactly glitching... more a.. I know ur there waste spells on this...

7gv2ysu6sfxu.png
    I cannot go down here. Group just gathers.
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147
    You can't go down there because you have to talk to Tad.

How it's meant to work.

Talk to Gael, he gives you quest to retrieve "rod half" and key for door.
    Go through door (in corridor before gas chamber), meet ex cult members who tell you to retrieve rod and use it with other half in lair to destroy "Unseeing Eye".
    Get rod from underground temple.
    Ex cult member tells you to return to the area where you go into the pit (where your party currently stands) and not to speak to Gael. Tad is standing there and tells you the rest.

If you don't get the key from Gael, it also messes up being able to kill the lich (later in the game if you want to) to get the golden skeleton parts and killing Kangaax.

Sorry but I have no idea how to fix it though.

Diomedes33
    I've restarted. Almost back to where I was. Shall definitely he more careful when I redo this quest line.
  • Diomedes33Diomedes33 Member Posts: 144

You can't go down there because you have to talk to Tad.

How it's meant to work.

Talk to Gael, he gives you quest to retrieve "rod half" and key for door.

Go through door (in corridor before gas chamber), meet ex cult members who tell you to retrieve rod and use it with other half in lair to destroy "Unseeing Eye".

Get rod from underground temple.

Ex cult member tells you to return to the area where you go into the pit (where your party currently stands) and not to speak to Gael. Tad is standing there and tells you the rest.

If you don't get the key from Gael, it also messes up being able to kill the lich (later in the game if you want to) to get the golden skeleton parts and killing Kangaax.

Sorry but I have no idea how to fix it though.

This. This is the only way that I've ever done it. Instead of attacking the guards, talk to the guy, I guess his name is Gael, dont remember. He will say the Beholder needs a second half of the rod. You say "OK ill go get it." On the other side of the map you talk to the outcast cult guy and he tells you to go to the underground temple. From there you get the rod. Then the outcast guy tells you to go into the cult and he has a friend on the inside. That friend opens up the stairway to the Beholder lair. Kill the beholder down there and you should be golden.